AWS Backup is looking for a passionate Software Development Engineer to grow this service and help with adding features and integration with other AWS services. If you're an applications engineer, and you have the skills to create large scale web applications that are backed by scalable backend systems, then we are looking for you.
You should be a leader excelling in communication, ownership and customer focus. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a team designing a solution within a fast growing business, shape the technology, product and the business. You should bring deep technical and software expertise, the ability to work in a fast moving, startup environment, the ability to deliver solid code that has a broad business impact and the ability to create software that achieves its operational goals.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be clearly passionate about start-up-like opportunities
• Have a demonstrable track record of success delivering new features or products in cloud-based architectures
• Care about the quality of their code and delight end-users with top-notch user experience
• Mentor junior team members
• Have strong OO design and implementation experience with deep knowledge of the use of web services and front-end development
• Demonstrate strong ownership of their work
This role relies on your abilities to design, develop, test, launch and operate highly scalable distributed systems (in the form of micro services). In this role, you will design and build new features, identify and investigate new technologies, prototype solutions, and test and review changes, to deliver an exceptional customer experience. You will also get the opportunity to work with other AWS partner services.
• Design, implementation, deployment and maintenance of innovative software solutions to transform service security, durability, availability, performance and cost.
• Using software engineering best practices to ensure the standard of quality of all team deliverables
• Effectively estimating time to implement design
• Consistently making systems simpler
• Solving big problems with a lot of ambiguityBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Candidates must have a strong Computer Science background (a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science is a must)
• 8+ years of industry experience
• Experience translating customer requirements into working application designs and code
• Experience building and consuming RESTful APIs
• Proven object-oriented design and implementation skills (Python, and/or C++, and/or Java), preferably on Linux
• Proven understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures and algorithms
• Proficient in network, distributed, asynchronous and concurrent programming
• Experience designing, building and delivering high quality software on timePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
• Experience with CI/CD tools such as AWS CodePipeline, Jenkins or CircleCI
• Experience with deployment management tools such as CloudFormation, Terraform, Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
• Familiar with building secure software using modern security principles
• Experience building and operating scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
• Experience using Amazon Web Services such as EC2, EBS, and S3
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
• Strong problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
• Possess strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities
• Solid verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Software and Programming