Leading brands like Epic Games, Lyft, AirBnB, John Deere, and Vanguard use Amazon Kinesis Streams as their foundation for real-time streaming . With Amazon Kinesis, customers process Gigabytes per second of real-time user engagement for gaming and marketing analytics, build real-time IoT sensor analytics solutions, analyze millions of financial transactions in real time, perform intrusion detection for security analytics, transform and load logs into lakes, and much more. These customers, choose Kinesis because it is a fully-managed service that makes real-time streaming ingestion and processing, reliable, easy, and at low cost. Tens of thousands of customers worldwide, ranging from large commercial enterprises, federal and state governments, regulated industries like healthcare and finance, to small start-ups have moved from batch to streaming with Amazon Kinesis Streams, and we are just getting started.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software to join the streaming leadership team. This highly-motivated and passionate Software will build and lead a team to build our next generation performance purpose- streaming platform to solve real-time ingestion, storage, stream processing for large applications.
Amazon Kinesis Streams already operates at unprecedented , while upholding performance and durability requirements that our customers care about. You will lead the software of large- purpose control and plane ; in , C/ and other languages using technologies and Amazon proprietary technologies. Some of the key capabilities you will own and drive include massive- REST-ful as well as 2/ streaming services, elastically planes that can respond in single digit-seconds to changes in traffic, management and monitoring plane workflows, and software libraries that our customers use to interact with the service, and more.
You will build, set the culture, and lead a group of highly talented engineers and builders. You excel at leading developers, and have a track record of building and growing strong engineering teams. You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills with customers, technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe features/ capabilities, product strategy and influence technical decision-making.
If you are interested in leading building of large-, real-time streaming , have quality bar, flair for innovation, and passion for solving some of the most challenging problems in the industry, we need you! You'll have an opportunity to work alongside and learn from the architects of Amazon's infrastructure, and to build the platform that drives the success of Amazon's businesses.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production software systems
• 8+ years of experience designing and building .
• Knowledge of Unix/, , , Object oriented and Service Oriented Architecture.
• Experience with real-time, throughput & low latency systems
• Experience defining software roadmaps to meet organizational business goals
• Have a proven track record of shipping quality software on time using relevant software engineering methodologies
• Minimum of 5+ years building and managing diverse and technically deep teamsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering related technical discipline
• Ideally 12+ years of management experience, including with managing multiple teams
• Experience driving complex, cross-organizational projects
• Experience creating and driving a bold vision
• REST Architecture, Sharding, Online Transaction Processing, and associated technologies
• Publish/subscribe or other event messaging technologies
• Project management experience with agile methodology
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
Software and Programming