Senior Software Development Leader - AWS Commerce Platform
Reference ID: 403061
Software and Programming
Are you ready to pursue some of the hardest scalability, performance, and distributed computing challenges in AWS? Our team owns customer billing and the associated cost management tools for one of the world's largest billing platforms. We take inputs from these services and merge them with the millions of events every second to produce and deliver invoices to our customers via web, mobile, tablet, and data services. This represents billions of dollars of IT usage and spend. Because we sit at the nexus of all AWS services and interact directly with end-customers, we build relationships with teams across AWS to ensure that we offer a secure and reliable customer experience.
This role requires ownership, autonomy, and an ability to deliver results. You should be a self-starter with a bias towards independent problem solving. Clear communication and prioritization will be important as you partner with Product Management to plan, design, and deliver game changing experiences for customers. Your passion for the potential of computing to improve people's lives, and proven experience managing complex technology projects, will help you make strong business judgments. Roll up your sleeves, build an engineering team second to none, and have fun while creating tons of customer value!
Your expertise is deep and broad; you start with the customer and work backwards to develop a coherent vision for services that support the flexibility and scale that customers expect from us. You have built and operated systems that support high-end business complexity and scale with simple and elegant solutions that are highly decoupled, yet operate in concert to produce customer experiences that are unique to Amazon. You will be responsible for a material piece of the AWS commerce platform and join a select group of a people making history producing and selling infrastructure and software as a service. You will do this with an organization that is the acknowledged market leader and is regularly redefining the new normal for what is possible.
We are looking for a leader like you to grow our talented team of dedicated professionals. As a software development leader you will...
1. Lead several teams of software engineers in the design, development, test, deployment and operation of services that our customers depend on.
2. Contribute directly to our growth by hiring smart and motivated engineers and managers to establish teams that can deliver swiftly and predictably, adjusting in an agile fashion to deliver what our customers need.
3. Be responsible for ensuring sanity of architecture, operational excellence and quality, delivering results on time.
4. Work closely with other AWS teams to deliver platform features that require cross-team leadership.
5. Obsess over protecting customer information, maintaining single-digit millisecond latencies, and simplifying enterprise scale commerce complexity.
6. Mentor a large group of people and lead as a manager of managers with a direct handle on the pulse of each employee on your team.
7. Own product definition through your team of product managers and BI engineers.
8. Regularly dive into architecture, code, test plans, project plans, deployments and operations to drive excellence through your organization.
9. Represent your business and operations to the highest level of leadership within AWS on a weekly basis.
Basic Qualifications • 8+ years of experience building and leading development teams that design and deliver highly reliable and scalable systems
• 5+ years of direct people leadership experience
• Demonstrated experience in delivering software projects using Agile / Scrum methodologies
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent)
• Develops long-term strategies and influences leadership decisions
• Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
• Verified project management skills
Preferred Qualifications • MBA or advanced degree
• Certified Scrum Master, Agile Certified Practitioner or similar certification
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect or Engineer
• Experience with large scale billing or e-commerce platforms including systems involving complex business logic
• Extraordinary attention to detail and organizational skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Posted: October 16, 2016
Closes:October 30, 2016