How would you like the opportunity to help build the next generation of Big Data processing Platform at Amazon? Come be a key leader in shaping and delivering the vision of the Business Data Technologies team.
The Business Data Technologies team built a platform that replaced and enabled the deprecation of the largest Oracle Data Warehouse. We have redefined the Analytics landscape and are now evolving this platform to be the Business Data Marketplace at Amazon and we're seeking a Senior Software Engineer to get us there. You'll be responsible for designing, developing and building a platform to manage the integration between data storage, processing, and computation. This new platform, will enable current and future technologies to be quickly and easily added, enhanced or maintained.
You will be responsible for projects that require enhancements to multiple systems, including many outside your team's ownership. You'll need a proven ability to architect elegant solutions to new challenges spanning multiple systems, and to effectively share your technical vision with others. You will be working with multiple teams across the company in many different areas, so collaboration skills are a must. So, if you're creative, talented, have a strong sense of both technical and business ownership, and enjoy solving complex challenges that have a huge impact on all of Amazon's customers, we've definitely got the role for you!
Individuals interested in this position should have practical experience in building high-performance, reliable systems in a complex, multi-tiered, and distributed environment. The ideal candidate will have experience working across the stack, from Java on the back-end to HTML / CSS / JS / React Native on the front-end as well as expertise in API design.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 8+ years of professional experience in software development
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, data structures, object-oriented design and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, more than one modern programming languages such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl
• Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Hands-on experience with design and development of highly scalable web services and systems
• Passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving high-quality, innovative, clean technical solutions
• Strong object-oriented design and coding skills (C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform), and Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis
• Solid experience with building scalable software solutions and distributed systems
• Ability to distill problem definitions, models and constraints from informal business requirements, and to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives
• Demonstrated strong technical judgment in conjunction with passionate customer-focus
• A deep understanding of software engineering practices, object oriented analysis & design, design patterns and algorithms
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Experience with Agile programming practices and Continuous Deployment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Software and Programming