The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Private Pricing Platform team provides our sellers and partners with a deal management and analysis platform that enables and accelerates private pricing deals with our most important customers and partners. We are looking for a senior engineer to lead the design and development of the next iteration of our platform - building a complete deal lifecycle management system. Come join a team at the beginning of a product life cycle and help define the way AWS does business with it's key customers.
You'll be responsible for working across business and technical teams to understand the problem space and design an architecture that is flexible enough to grow quickly while supporting a variety of business process. You'll build front and back end systems iteratively on native AWS technologies, working with a large team of talented engineers. You'll define and influence the team's technical culture as you own and maintain the software you build.
In this role, you will
• Lead architecture and design: You'll create designs and get feedback on them. You'll review your team's designs and provide feedback. You'll provide a big picture vision of where the team is going technically and guide the team to take the right steps to get there.
• Influence technical and business strategy: You'll participate in cross-functional product development sessions and in yearly and quarterly planning cycles. You'll work with product managers to define a technically sound product that meets the business needs for today and a year from now.
• Mentor junior team members and drive engineering best practices: You'll mentor in 1:1 and large group settings. You'll participate in programs that improve the overall engineering health of the organization. If you see something that can be improved, you'll be empowered to change it with support and guidance from your leaders.
• Ensure the team ships well-tested software that is easy to maintain and extend over the long term: You'll help the team see around corners and build for the future. You'll help set and maintain the team's standards for operational health, testing and security.
The Private Pricing Platform team is a talented and diverse group of individuals. With teams located in multiple US cities, we work together to deliver high quality products. Like the rest of AWS, we are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We put a high value on work-life balance. We offer a flexible schedule so that you can have a more productive and well-balanced life - both in and outside of work.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related technical discipline.
• 5+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer or a Software Developer
• 4+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java or Python
• 3+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience writing software in an object-oriented language
• Experience with data structures, algorithms, problem solving, complexity analysis, distributed systems, and asynchronous architectures.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Experience in software design that includes object oriented design, API design, NoSQL programming.
• Experience mentoring or training others in all aspects of software development
• Experience building and operating critical, highly available (24x7) systems
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principle requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the bias of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Software and Programming