Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (Backend)
Job ID GRQA212 Job Location CA-BC-Vancouver Job Type Permanent Full-Time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 20,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the world's top 25 banks. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more - with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, Outlook and Web access.
Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, Raleigh, Halifax, London, and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and have been recognized with numerous awards, including Company of the Year award from the BC Tech Association (2016), Private Business Growth Award (2015), Canada's 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014-2015), Deloitte Technology Fast 500 in North America (2011-2015), Canada's Top Employers for Young People (2014), Ingenious Award (2014), Canada's Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013), and Canada's Best Managed Companies (2013-2014).
With over 425 employees, Global Relay is growing rapidly and looking for new talent. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create innovative technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Global Relay is 100% privately held and employee controlled. We develop, own and operate every aspect of our services, with no reliance on outsourcing or third-party subcontractors. We are not venture capital dependent, making us a truly Canadian organization.
Apply today - we have five floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, and an in-house chef, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit ( www.globalrelay.com
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is a developer who specializes in writing code to test the product. They are responsible for the overall test coverage, test code, and automation frameworks within their Agile team.
As a Senior SDET, you will drive growth in your team's automation coverage while mentoring other SDETs in the team on automation and test practices. You will work directly with code in an established automation framework to test back-end services for large scale data processing. You will support the team's testing efforts while proposing and implementing improvements in the automation coverage and frameworks. Role Responsibilities:
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Design, develop and maintain automation frameworks, infrastructure and tools
- Define and automate test cases that verify product requirements
- Participate in team planning and story grooming
- Participate in test execution, issue identification and resolution in support of the release
- Provide suggestions to improve automation and test processes, infrastructure
- Develop and maintain shared testing libraries
- Provide training, mentorship and support to other members on the team
- Conduct code reviews, improve and maintain quality of the automation code
- Document the automation framework, tools and infrastructure
- Minimum 8 years of experience in software testing
- Minimum 5 years of experience in test development
- Strong understanding of Java or C# languages
- Strong understanding of testing practices in an agile environment
- Experience with web services technology such as REST, JSON or Thrift
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience with design patterns
- Experience with big data technology such as Hadoop, MongoDB or Kafka
- Experience with network protocols such as HTTP, TLS and TCP
- Experience with continuous integration systems such as Bamboo or Jenkins
- Experience with continuous delivery concepts
If you are interested in this position, please apply with your cover letter and resume in one PDF document
. No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Posted: November 10, 2017
Closes:January 1, 2018