Job Description: Senior Software Developer, .NET
Avigilon (TSX: AVO) provides trusted security solutions to the global market. Avigilon designs, develops, and manufactures video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions. Avigilon’s solutions have been installed at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
Our ACC Client team builds the software that is the face of Avigilon. It’s the product every one of our customers interacts with each day. We want to find someone who can take responsibility for helping a technical team to build a mission-critical product used by some of the biggest venues in the world. We’re looking for someone who shares our values of accountability, excellence, and innovation.
This is a key technical position on our Agile team, helping to build our WPF thick-client. Responsibilities include:
- Act as a technical lead on implementing features;
- Research and help direct key technical decisions on architecture, 3 rd party tools, and process;
- Help Product Management and advise others;
- Work closely with UX;
- Mentor: TDD, code reviews, leadership.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
- MUST HAVE strong experience with WPF and MVVM;
- Advanced knowledge of .NET and C#;
- Experience with memory profiling and debugging;
- Be Agile-ish.
Perks and Benefits:
- Experience with video streaming and various video encoding formats;
- Experience with C++ & CLI.
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, medical insurance while travelling, and the opportunity to participate in the Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP). You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.
Perks at our Yaletown office include an outdoor basketball court and full service indoor gym, as well as excellent proximity to public transportation.