We're looking for a Senior Software Developer to work with our team of talented engineers to design, build, and ship high quality products, incorporate feedback to refine and improve beta releases and turn them into production ready, scalable products suitable for new and existing customers.
The Channel Integrations team is looking for a Senior Software Developer to help us with some of the biggest challenges in the Product Infrastructure group at Hootsuite. You'll be working on a team improving and scaling our channel integration and authentication services. These critical systems impact 100% of our customers every day. WHAT YOU'LL DO:
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Collaborate with and lead your team to design, build, test, and ship high quality software to Hootsuite's customers
- Help shape Hootsuite's technical roadmap
- Iterate in an agile fashion creating hypotheses and testing them with incremental code shipments through continuous integration
- Identify multiple candidate solutions to a problem and evaluate them for fit given the constraints of the project
- Shape Hootsuite's culture, and your team's, through improved tooling, streamlining processes, and working across product boundaries
- Mentor other members of the team and help define best practices
- Collaborate with peers across the entire product development group to work towards the best solutions
WHO YOU ARE:
- A degree in Computer Science or Engineering, and at least 5 years of experience in designing, developing and maintaining software or an equivalent level of work experience, and a track record of substantial contributions to software projects with high business impact
- Experience with mentoring, coaching, and pairing with coworkers
- Experience writing clean code that performs well at scale
- Ideally you have knowledge of Java/Scala and designing REST APIs
- You have evolved and improved a large complex legacy codebase
- An understanding of SaaS software development practice; Ideally you have experience working on a SaaS produc t
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Creativity and Innovation: seeks new and better ways of doing things, generating original and imaginative ideas, products, and/or solutions
- Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems and looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems and proposes several possible solutions.
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects
Share our values:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
We champion the power of human connection. We're united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success.Make an impact:
Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact.Learn and grow:
We're committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other's growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.