Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations to turn messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 8 nests around the globe, you will have 800+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Hootsuite Cultural Manifesto
Guru Career Track
B Corporation Certification Who You Are...
You will work shoulder to shoulder with talented, fun-loving software developers working on challenging problems. You will collaborate in small teams to design, build, and ship high quality software to Hootsuite's customers. You will also help shape our long-term technical roadmap as we build the next generation of our mobile apps and APIs. You will iterate in an agile fashion, creating hypotheses and testing them with incremental code shipments through continuous integration, find opportunities to lead by nurturing the development of more junior team mates and share your knowledge within the Product Development team as well as within the broader technical community by giving tech talks and writing blog posts. You will help shape our culture by improving our processes and codebases.You’re Great At...
- Developing and maintaining software using Java. You are experienced in building, debugging and profiling apps.
- Working with Android. You understand the ins and outs of fragments, animation, threading, and the latest Android APIs.
- Shipping. You have at least one app in the Google Play Store.
- Creating high-performance applications.
- Creating components that can be reused in multiple projects.
- Mentoring other developers.
- Automating testing (Espresso and Unit tests).
- Refactoring. When you see things that could be better, you take action.
- Working with APIs (REST, 3rd party social network).
- Making customers happy by delivering high quality software products.
- Developing and maintaining software using Kotlin.
- You have a sizeable portfolio of 'Difficult problems... solved'.
- You like to ship things you design and build.
- You have experience with large, complex, mature software applications.
- You like to move fast, make decisions, and take calculated risks.
- You have a github account with public projects, not just forks.
- You have contributed to open source projects.