Permanent Senior Site Reliability Engineer role with a newly created cloud operations team working in a healthcare product development organization located in Richmond.
- Permanent SRE role with a new cloud ops team
- High growth time to join a healthcare product development organization
- Office located in Richmond with shuttle access from the SkyTrain. Full remote capability during Covid19
What & Why:
As a result of investment in cloud operations, our client is looking to add a Senior SRE to the team immediately. This team specifically is in high growth and will likely add an additional 3+ SREs to the team this year so it is a great time to join. You will be responsible for ensuring reliability, security and efficiency of a highly critical health care service with an expanding customer base located across the globe. This role includes continuous delivery, configuration management, automation, service reliability as well as troubleshooting and incident response management. A key focus of this team is improvement of operations through automation, so you should have an extensive background in all aspects of enterprise grade cloud solutions.
Our client is on the cutting edge for cloud healthcare products and expect to grow through 2021. They are very forward thinking and innovative in terms of product development as well as their attitudes towards continuous improvement. They have great office space located in Richmond with free parking onsite and a shuttle bus from Bridgeport SkyTrain. They have great benefits including a generous vacation package, extended health and dental benefits as well as RRSP matching. You will be working remote for the duration of Covid19.
You will bring the following education, skills and experience to the role:
- 3+ years of DevOps/SRE/Cloud Infrastructure experience or equivalent experience in mainstream software development.
- 1+ years in a leadership type of responsibility such as mentoring or managing DevOps team or large operations projects. Willing to fully own the work and responsible for quality, efficiency and completeness of team goals.
- Strong programming skills (e.g. Git, Python, Bash, PowerShell)
- Strong knowledge of cloud infrastructure including compute, networking, storage and other cloud services e.g. (GCP, AWS, Azure). Certification preferred
- Strong knowledge of software fundamentals like web traffic (HTTP, TCP, REST), Networking, VPNs, Certs, Load Balancers, etc
- Infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Experienced in containerization technologies (e.g. Docker, GKE/Kubernetes, EKS, Rancher)
- Setup and use of monitoring frameworks (e.g. Stackdriver, Influx db/TICK, grafana , ELK, prometheus, splunk, Nagios, NewRelic, Dynatrace, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.
Software and Programming Information Technology