This position provides senior-level leadership for the government's security investigations and incident response activities
Ministry of Citizens' Services
Multiple Locations (Remote)
Remote work is allowed. This position can work up to full-time from their home in British Columbia, as per an approved telework agreement. Senior Security Specialist
$88,152.35 - $100,665.30 annually plus 9.9% temporary market adjustment
The Senior Security Specialist provides senior-level leadership for the government's security investigations and incident response activities. This position conducts investigations and addresses security incidents with ministries, government and the broader public sector. The Senior Security Specialist provides senior-level investigative/incident response and technical leadership and direction to investigative teams within the government's information security investigation program. This role will plan, organize, direct and evaluate the work of junior unit members and impart authoritative advice about emerging trends, issues and developments in cybersecurity and IT infrastructure. Qualifications for this role include:
• University degree in Information Technology or related discipline, or a combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Minimum 4 years' broad IT/cyber security experience.
• Minimum 4 years' experience leading technical investigations and handling multiple active issues in a high-pressure environment.
• Minimum 4 years' experience in identifying and evaluating security risks from a business and technological standpoint.
• Minimum 4 years' experience in incident management and incident response.
• Minimum 2 years' experience supervising a team of senior information technology professionals.
• Minimum 2 years' experience (and advanced knowledge) with current and emerging technology trends, developments and best security industry best practices, current risks and developing threats; IT systems and systems maintenance.
• Experience with TCP/IP and networking fundamentals, network architecture, and security infrastructure's best practices.
• Experience with creating custom code/procedures using industry standard programming languages (e.g., Python or a JVM based language such as Java or Scala). For more information and to apply online by June 14, 2023, please go to:
https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/99838 Images Additional Info
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level