Canada Drives embraces an innovative, experimental, and data-driven mindset that encourages creative solutions and relentless progress. Guided by young leadership and defined by its innovative, out-of-the-box thinking, Canada Drives attracts the best talent in Vancouver by combining the electrifying energy of a start-up with the hard-earned stability of an established company.
We have been recognized as the fastest growing company in Canada by PROFIT 500 and the winner of Entrepreneur of the Year in 2016 by the Ernst & Young Pacific Division fintech category award. We were named as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for 2019. The company's growth means there are tons of opportunities on the horizon. This millennial-friendly company is committed to developing leaders from within as it fine-tunes an online service that satisfies over one million customers a year.
Our office is located in the heart of downtown Vancouver and we want you to join our fast-growing team. Come and discover your potential with us! The Opportunity - Salesforce Developer
We are pioneering something new and remarkable. We are revolutionizing the way we operate through the Salesforce platform and are building a unique and highly professional team to design and develop our future state capabilities. We will be adopting most of the Salesforce products such as Sales, Service, and Marketing Cloud, Communities, Wave Analytics, and more, and anticipating a high degree of automation and integration with many cutting-edge technologies in this industry.
You will work with the very best and brightest Salesforce practitioners and leverage our strong relationship with Salesforce and our Premier+ account benefits, as well as our close partnership with the most renowned Salesforce Consulting and Implementation companies. They will share their knowledge and expertise as you develop new skills and learn our business in a collaborative and fun environment.
If you have the vision and foresight to take your career to the next level and be part of a winning team we invite you to apply!What you'll be doing:
What you should already have:
- Designing and developing business capabilities for Canada Drives internal departments and partners.
- Analyzing functional and non-functional requirements and exploring alternative solutions according to the constraints of the project
- Developing efficient code following industry standards and best practices
- Estimating, planning and prioritizing activities to meet expectations and deadlines
- Acting as the technical expert on all applicable aspects on Salesforce platform projects
- Contributing to data integration initiatives among Salesforce and multiple internal and external data sources using integrations tools, platforms, and APIs to extract, transform and load data as required
- Helping with triaging and fixing defects for planned releases or sprints
- Performing unit tests and collaborating with Quality Assurance experts and business users
- Identifying opportunities and executing continuous improvements in areas including but not limited to the development process, deployment practice, and code quality and unit test automation
What We Will Give You:
- Bachelor's degree in Information System, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of progressive experience developing in the Salesforce platform (Apex/Visualforce)
- Previous experience designing and developing applications in Java is an asset
- Experience with Agile development processes
- Salesforce Platform Developer I Certification is required, and II is strongly preferred
- Salesforce Administrator certifications are a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A positive attitude and willingness for continuous learning of new technologies
Why work with us
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Company paid Salesforce Certification fees
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage
- Company paid monthly MSP premiums
- Company paid monthly transit pass (even if you live in the burbs!)
- Free breakfast & lunch provided on site daily
- A fulfilling, challenging adventure of a workplace located in the heart of beautiful downtown Vancouver! (We're located by the Burrard sky-train station!)
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a highly-qualified team and to help create a new and unique team culture. We offer a very stimulating work environment with plenty of challenges, opportunities, and room for growth. You will be able to mould your role and job description, advance your career path in whichever direction you want to take, and boost your Salesforce knowledge to new heights.