Senior Reliability Specialist
Reporting to the Senior Engineer Supervisor, the Senior Reliability Engineer, Rotating or Static Equipment is responsible for implementing and supporting innovative maintenance strategies and technologies across our base metals processing mills. This role will suit those who are keen to apply their knowledge across a large multi-site organization and who have a strong background in reliability improvement and asset management strategies for rotating equipment.
To be successful in this role we require someone with excellent problem-solving, interpersonal, and communication skills, with a strong sense of leadership and team collaboration. Who has a strong focus on safety and personal responsibility, and is self-motivated with a positive and adaptable demeanor.
Join us in the Highland Valley and enjoy a variety of recreational opportunities such as hiking, mountain biking, skiing, fishing, and golf! The mine site is a 50-minute drive from Kamloops, B.C which provides all of the comforts of city living. The mine site is also close to Merritt, Ashcroft, and Logan Lake, which all exude a small-town community atmosphere.Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Implement and continuously improve asset maintenance programs to reduce costs and increase the availability of rotating equipment
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and training to reliability and maintenance personnel across multiple sites
- Coordinate working groups across the various sites to ensure effective learning and sharing in the communities of practice for maintenance execution, planning, and scheduling
- Drive the predictive and preventative maintenance process, including data translation and analysis as well as report generating
- Participate in and advocate for Condition Based Monitoring (CBM) applications, including interpretation of CBM data
- Track and report reliability Key Performance Indicators and manage the overall bad actor program and processes
- Degree or technical diploma in engineering or other related subject areas
- Registered, or eligible for registration with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of B.C. (EGBC); Teck will support eligible employees with their EGBC registration
- Minimum 7 years of maintenance experience
- Experience supervising or leading a team
- Expert understanding of reliability engineering principles and development of maintenance strategies
- Experience and facilitation of structured RCFA methodology, with demonstrated examples of how to resolve bad actors
- Advanced understanding of machine dynamics and equipment maintenance in a plant environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience implementing new systems to improve existing technology
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2020, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eleventh straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources Job Segment:
Coal Mining, Sustainability, Engineer, Social Media, Mining, Energy, Engineering, Marketing
Construction, Mining and Trades