May 10, 2021
Reporting to the Senior Engineer Supervisor, the Reliability Engineer, Processing is responsible for improving and maintaining the asset health program to improve equipment availability and reliability. You will collaborate closely with operations, maintenance, and engineering teams at the plant to build upon our reliability strategy.
To be successful in this role we require someone with excellent problem solving, interpersonal, and communication skills, with a strong sense of leadership and team collaboration. Who has a strong focus on safety and personal responsibility, and is self-motivated with a positive and adaptable demeanour.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Working a compressed workweek, with every other Friday off, come experience what work life balance is all about! Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Oversee and provide guidance for inspections and analyze inspections reports to resolve equipment health and determine requirements for predictive maintenance
- Provide recommendations into a comprehensive predictive and preventative maintenance process, including data translation and analysis, report generating, and the improvement of preventative maintenance for all categories of equipment
- Identify and execute projects designed at delivering reliability improvements to the Process Plant
- Champion the maintenance reliability program at site
- Coordinate with RACE21™ and other partners to incorporate new technologies in the asset health and maintenance program
- Work in accordance with applicable government regulations and Teck standards
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field
- Eligible for registration with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia
- Minimum seven years demonstrated ability as a reliability engineer, with time in a processing environment
- Experience supervising or leading a team
- A detailed understanding of Condition Monitoring techniques, Reliability Centered Maintenance, Failure Modes/Effects Analysis, and Root Cause Analysis
- Non Destructive testing methods experience is an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources. Job Segment:
Process Engineer, Engineer, Coal Mining, Engineering, Mining