SENIOR REGULATORY SPECIALIST / AQUATIC BIOLOGIST: Harvey 2403
We are currently looking for a Senior Regulatory Specialist / Aquatic Biologist with Project Management experience to help expand and develop our permitting and fisheries capability.
- We are looking for a R.P. Bio with ten years of experience in planning and permitting projects.
- The candidate should also be an aquatic biologist (freshwater or marine) with extensive experience within British Columbia seeking regulatory approvals from DFO, FLNRORD, and municipalities.
- You are an effective communicator proficient in preparing and reviewing reports that meet regulatory and client requirements, while having experience in leading field programs and mentoring junior team members.
- You will be tasked with managing projects and clients that relate to aquatic issues, while further expanding our diverse clientele.
Specific skills and experience required:
- A positive attitude and the ability to be flexible as part of a diverse group of biologists.
- Advanced technical skills in aquatic biology with the ability to design and lead environmental assessment and offsetting programs that address the needs of the project.
- Experience in writing and reviewing reports that meet federal, provincial, and regional environmental regulatory requirements.
- Project management skills including planning, preparing schedules and budgets, overseeing field programs and the ability to produce deliverables on time.
- Experience in working with a diverse clientele including local developers, oil and gas, and governmental agencies such as Fisheries and Oceans Canada, and Public Services and Procurement Canada.
- The ability to prepare proposals and win projects.
This is a fulltime position
Salary is open depending on experience
Benefits package is available after 3 months