The Senior React Developer is a member of a small, highly focused team, responsible for building a modern, sophisticated messaging application, using leading edge technologies. This is an opportunity to work alongside some of the best developers in British Columbia and apply your craft in an environment that encourages creative thinking and autonomy. We encourage our developers to think beyond a single component to build complete system solutions. Challenge yourself by learning new technologies, and apply your skills across our different projects and application domains. If you are committed to code that is clean, well-tested, well-reviewed, performant and secure then you'll fit in around here.Your Job:
- Work as a part of an Agile development team to design, implement and provide architectural guidance for a fully-interactive, single-page style web application for a messaging system
- Write unit and integration tests for your code
- Collaborate with interaction designers to translate mock-ups into a functioning web application that is accessible and responsive with exceptional usability
- Collaborate with product owners on user story generation and refinement
- Monitor and support the operation of production systems
- Participate in knowledge sharing activities with colleagues and provide mentorship for others
- Unit testing with Mocha or Jasmine/Jest
- Web service API development with Java or C#
- Building 3rd generation messaging systems
- Enterprise application development
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based archiving, information governance, surveillance, and eDiscovery solutions to the global finance sector. We help financial services firms preserve and supervise their communications data for regulatory compliance, risk mitigation, and litigation readiness. We deliver our services to over 20,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the top 25 global banks. Our market-leading archiving service supports email, instant messaging, text, market data chat, social media, enterprise social networking, voice, trade data, websites, and more. Recently, we also launched a compliant messaging platform specifically for the finance industry.
Our Global Operations & Development Center is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. In addition, we have offices in eight other cities across the world, including major financial centers like New York, Chicago, and London.
Over the years, we have won several major awards, including:
- Company of the Year from the BC Tech Association
- Canada's 50 Best Small and Medium Employers
- Canada's Top Employers for Young People
- Canada's Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
- Canada's Best Managed Companies - Platinum
- Technology Fast 50 - Leadership
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, we offer invaluable opportunities for doing business with some of the world's largest, most influential firms. Our company is also perfect for those who want to create cool technology using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on mobile.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.How to Apply
Think you're a great fit for this job? Apply here: http://bit.ly/GRDV622
with your cover letter and resume in one PDF document. No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
To learn more about us and other career opportunities, please visit http://www.globalrelay.com/jobs
Software and Programming