Job Description Summary
The Senior QC Analyst is responsible for testing of finished products, in-process products and raw materials, including all analysis and documentation. May provide technical expertise and knowledge to other departments and performs other duties associated with troubleshooting, customer complaint investigations and other product-related problemsJob Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform QC tests for Media products according to approved QC procedures, including data analysis and report preparation.
- Participation in and compliance to QMS
- Investigate and document out-of-specification results and non-conformances to support and maintain Quality Systems requirements.
- Develop QC testing procedures, including writing or revising SOPs and working documents or templates.
- Participate and perform QC assays to screen and select raw materials for a variety of finished products.
- Perform cell culture and processing for various applications
- Operation of specialized lab equipment as required (e.g. Flow cytometer, Stem Vision etc.)
- Design and perform non-routine analysis and testing with minimal supervision (e.g. troubleshooting, customer complaint investigations, technology transfer, and research and development projects).
- Collaborate with individuals from other departments (ie RND, MFG) to resolve problems.
- Participate in projects within QC and across departments as required.
- General laboratory and equipment maintenance and monitoring.
- Communicate with supervisors and coworkers to promote a safe and cooperative working environment.
- BSc or technical degree with 2 to 4 years related laboratory experience; or MSc with 0 to 2 years post graduate related laboratory experience.
- Specialized knowledge and technical skills relating to STEMCELL products.
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!