Senior Quality Assurance Automation Engineer Position Overview Aon Hewitt has announced BCAA as a 2018 Canadian Gold Level Best Employer
If you are looking for an empowering and progressive place to build your career, then you've landed in the right place at BCAA. With our corporate Head Office in Burnaby and locations around BC, we offer a wide variety of opportunities all across the province. Go the extra mile and share our vision to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia, absolutely famous for doing the right thing.What is the job?
BCAA is hiring for aSenior QA Automation Engineer
(aka SQAAE), who will be part of our SCRUM teams and responsible for delivery of exceptional software through design, development and test automation based on Software Development and QA best practices.You like to develop software solutions and are passionate about quality.
Agile and SCRUM are under your skin and you enjoy spreading their adoption and making them better. You provide leadership and assistance to less experienced team members in more complex situations. What is the status?
Regular Full- TimeWhat are the hours of work?
35 hour work weekKey Responsibilities Include What you will be doing?
• Collaborate with other automation specialists to develop vision for test automation and implement roadmap to deliver. Minimum Qualifications What you bring to the role:Education:
• Assess and recommend tools and technologies to improve, maintain and expand test automation framework.
• Analyze business requirements and use cases to understand business needs and estimate development and testing efforts
• Develop and maintain well written test plans and test cases.
• Develop and maintain well performing automated test scripts using programming or scripting languages.
• Execute automated scripts for functional, regression, performance and load testing.
• Perform manual testing where needed to support development of test automation, or when automated testing is not appropriate or cost effective.
• May be required to perform business analysis and development.
• Advocate development practices that support testability, defect prevention and early detection of defects.
• Ensure optimal automated test coverage to include most common and business critical business flows.
• Keep informed of emerging trends in Software Quality Assurance (SQA), including QA methodologies, automation tools and best practices. Design and develop application features and defect fixes.
• Produces code within quality and coding standards.
• Assess and recommend tools and technologies to improve, maintain and expand test automation framework
• Conducts implementation, unit testing and integration testing
• Participates in design reviews
• Carry out other related tasks and projects
•Degree in Computing Science. Experience:
•Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
•Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, of which 2 to 3 years in application development. Technical knowledge:
•2+ year's solid hands-on experience in designing and developing test automation frameworks
•1-2 years in a Senior/Lead QA role.
•QA experience with browser based and web-based Java or .NET applications.
•Strong knowledge of automation tools such as Selenium Web Driver, Extent, TestNG and Bamboo.
•Experience in mentoring junior QA team members in test automation and QA practices.
•In-depth knowledge of software testing methodologies. Ability to lead discussions and build consensus.
•Excellent oral and written communication skills. Keen attention to details.
•Self-starter and a strong team player.
•Demonstrated ability to be proactive when dealing with issues and challenges.
•Excellent analytical and trouble shooting skills.
•Experience in business analysis Background Check
•Experience in project planning and coordination
•Must successfully pass a background check, which may include a criminal, credit, and credential check.Division
CIO Job Status
Regular Full Time (RFT) Location Name
Head Office (Burnaby) Location Name
Burnaby Compensation & Benefits Overview What BCAA offers you:
It's not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being one of AON Top 50 Employers in Canada - 2018 and Top 50 Employers for Young People - 2015.
• Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
• We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
• We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members.
• We are an equal opportunity employer that's committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
• We have an amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
• Team members at our Home Office also get to use our Shared EV (electric vehicle) Program, have access to our subsidized cafeteria and free fitness centre. We aspire to be one of the best places to work for those who value integrity, teamwork and community. Each of us will grow personally and professionally by doing engaging work with inspiring people.
Posted: September 14, 2018
Closes: November 13, 2018