IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is seeking a Senior QA Tester to join our client in New Westminster, BC.
Why work with our client?
- Competitive rates
- Centrally located
- Transit accessible
- Development and maintenance of the DPRP QA project Plan/Strategy to ensure alignment of activities and priorities;
- Creation of management reports outlining the DPRP quality assurance scope.
- Developing and maintaining the required QA testing artifacts including but not limited to:
- QA deliverables (test cases, scripts, logs, etc.)
- Automation scripts.
- Defects and defect triage.
- QA sign-off.
- Status reports.
- Test/environment data.
- Gathering and analyzing information from the business areas, drawing on knowledge from experts across the organization;
- Analysis and submission of reported software defects.
- Coordination of defect fixes with the software vendor, business stakeholders and development teams;
- Conducting process and system testing and maintaining the testing log;
- Directing project team members on following QA best practices;
- Analyzing and recommending potential improvements to the QA practices.
- Analysis and understanding of existing business problems;
- Analysis and understanding of the operations system that is replacing the legacy system.
Top Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree or Technical Diploma in an applicable area such as Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience in the Transit business domain is desired.
- Experience with or knowledge of timekeeping and/or scheduling system software is beneficial.
- Senior level experience with and understanding of Software Quality Assurance (QA) testing methodologies and best practices.
- Demonstrated senior level experience with the testing effort for a large, complex COTS application implementation.
- Senior level experience with developing QA testing strategies and test plans to support the same.
- Experience working in/with teams comprised of business analysts, business subject matter experts, and technical resources.
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail working in a high transaction-based environment.
- Strong analytical, communication, and writing skills.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and consolidate information from a variety of sources (i.e. documents, interviews, brainstorming sessions, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal skills combined with highly developed communications skills, both verbal and written, are a must.
- Experience working in a multi-tasking environment and coordinating with remote project team(s) and members.
- Proven ability to “protect the project” by proactively identifying and managing change, risks, and issues.
- Experience working with external vendors.
- Experience with testing automation in Selenium/API and one of the mainstream programming/scripting languages, such as C#, Java, Python.
- Experience with data quality and CI/CD pipeline will be considered an asset.
- Experience with database/data testing.
- Excellent proficiency with MS Office toolsets (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project).
- Experience with SharePoint.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Why work with us?
- Build a long-term relationship with an experienced recruitment expert
- Access to the ‘hidden’ job market – opportunities across Canada that aren’t posted on job boards
- Get a high-level understanding of market dynamics affecting your industry
- Gain insight into the culture of the company you’re applying for before submitting your profile
IT/IQ Tech Recruiters provides contract and permanent IT recruitment services to employers across Canada. We have a specialized approach to recruiting, segmenting our recruitment teams into specialty practice areas focusing on Development, PMO, Infrastructure and BI/CRM/ERP skill sets.
This approach enables our recruiters to become specialists; they know the market and work hard to understand each candidates’ capabilities, goals, career ambitions and quickly present them with the best possible opportunities. We are committed to helping candidates develop their careers and to helping our clients grow their business and complete important projects successfully.
We create opportunities for IT Professionals to empower business.