Job Description: Senior QA Engineer
Avigilon (TSX: AVO) provides trusted security solutions to the global market. Avigilon designs, develops, and manufactures video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions. Avigilon’s solutions have been installed at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
Our ACC Client software engineering team builds the software our customers use every day. We’re an agile team that thrives on challenge and we need someone who can own quality for the client of our flagship Avigilon Control Center video monitoring application.
Here’s what we need you to do:
- Write and perform automated UI tests and conduct exploratory testing. You’ll have to be able to work with code;
- Help engineers diagnose and replicate product failures, and teach them how to think about quality, acting as the voice of the customer;
- Work with several other people to help improve our overall processes, because we’re a learning organization. We want to get better, too;
- Work closely with product managers, developers, and UX to understand large features and break them down to smaller pieces that can be delivered in the most efficient way to enable faster testing.
Team fit is pretty important to us, so the candidate we are looking for will:
- Most likely have completed a degree or diploma in Computer Engineering or Computer Science;
- Communicate very well with others as a member of an 8-person team;
- Have tested for a few years already. We need you to hit the ground running;
- Work in our environment, developing tests on client-server applications in C#;
- Know the ecosystems we use, both Linux and Windows, and be comfortable setting up and maintaining computer hardware, operating systems and networks to support testing.
We work with a client application that communicates to windows servers and cameras, so you should have:
Perks and Benefits:
- Knowledge of IP networking applications and concepts;
- Experience testing software UIs and SDKs;
- Knowledge of unit testing and the ability to determine overall coverage of features from developer unit testing to UI automation;
- Knowledge of digital imaging, camera technology and concepts.
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, medical insurance while travelling, and the opportunity to participate in the Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP). You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.
Perks at our Yaletown office include an outdoor basketball court and full service indoor gym, as well as excellent proximity to public transportation.