Finning International Inc. Number of Openings:
Working with our Product and Development teams, you'll be responsible for analyzing and translating business and functional requirements into test case scenarios based on identified acceptance criteria for validation and sign-off. You will also be responsible for maintaining and updating test cases as required based on new and updated requirements including UI and UX design specifications into our existing Azure DevOps platform.Job Description:Major Job Functions:
As the Senior QA Analyst your primary goal is to find and improve efficiency and reliability by streamlining manual testing processes, identifying bottlenecks and helping improve and apply industry testing standards and best practices.
Your daily tasks will include:
- Development and implementation (40%)
- Identify toolsets and environment needs including any recommendations as needed
- Create, update/maintain and execute test suites for various applications and API's as well as document and track any bugs or production issues
- Create detailed and comprehensive test strategies including well-structured test plans, test cases and test reports
- Identify and create the required usability and UX related functional design tests
- Discovery and planning (25%)
- Leads the discussion with the different Digital teams to gather both technical and business requirements and identify various testing scenarios for validation.
- Work as a member of the Digital scrum team in planning, estimating and verifying user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Collaborating with other QA's including the Automation Engineers in improving test quality standards.
- Maintenance and support (25%)
- Review and update current test suites as required
- Assist in troubleshooting and performing root cause analysis with any DevOps or Development issues
- Participate in product discovery, design and review sessions
- Peer review other QA team members test plan and test case creation and execution
- Ad-hoc duties (10%)
- Mentor and coach other QA team members
- Provide testing expertise and knowledge sharing to other members of the team
- Collaborate with business units to gain better understanding on how to improve workflow and process efficiency through exploratory testing.
Education & Experience:
- Provide leadership and guidance on proper analysis, development and execution of functional, regression, smoke and usability test cases
- Monitor, review and provide analysis report on test run results
- Lead the coordination and collaboration with members of the product, development and test teams to solve any test validation issues
- Lead and facilitate triage of bugs, incidents and productions issues
- Mentor and coach other QA team member
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a related principle is a must
- ISTQB, CSTE or equivalent certification(s) is desirable
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in a software testing role
- 4-5 years of relevant experience writing and executing back-end data validation and end-to-end testing as well as both UI and API level testing preferably around cloud microservices (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- 1-2 years of experience designing and building API and Data driven testing frameworks
- Experience in validating data ingestion, pre and post ETL process and end-to-end data cycles
- 1-3 years' experience mentoring and coaching
- Strong understanding of Software Testing principles in both Agile and Hybrid models (Scrum, SAFe)
- Strong understanding of Object-oriented programming principles
- Strong knowledge and experience with software testing tools like Selenium, XUnit, NUnit and JUnit.
- In depth knowledge of functional, regression and smoke testing processes and standards, including usability and mobile testing
- Strong knowledge of REST API testing using Postman, SoapUI, Swagger or any similar toolset.
- Expert in test documentation, defect analysis, tracking and reporting specially within Azure DevOps
- Expert in deriving test cases and test plans from use cases, user stories, non-functional requirements, and design documents on a sprint by sprint basis
- Strong understanding and experience with SQL and non-SQL databases, Angular and React applications, Power BI, and Power Platform is a definite advantage
- Knowledge and experience with Azure DevOps and Azure Portal
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Customer Service and Support Information Technology