Permanent Primary Location:
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada All Available Locations:
Calgary; Montreal; Ottawa; Toronto; Vancouver
Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
Be part of a firm where you are valued for your unique strengths and where everyone feels a sense of belonging.
Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work with Deloitte's National Sales Office?
Are you a highly motivated and confident individual with a passion for writing and editing (in particular, turning technical material into compelling, easy-to-digest content)? Do you get an adrenaline rush facing tight deadlines with a fun and determined team of like-minded individuals? Do you have experience writing proposals and other sales documents for public sector clients? If so, you should consider a challenging and dynamic career as a Senior Writer with our National Sales Office (NSO)!What will your typical day look like?
In your role as a Senior Writer with the NSO, you will be involved in all phases of a bid, starting with strategy development and writing guidance, and continuing through to the creation of compliant and high-scoring proposals and presentations. Working with collaborative teams of subject matter experts and other NSO professionals, you will have a key role in preparing and tailoring clear, concise and engaging material that not only responds to the needs of our clients, but resonates with the relevant audiences. Your day-to-day activities will include:
About the team
- Directing, and providing writing and editing support for highly complex and strategic bids.
- Working with senior firm leadership, multiple partners from a variety of businesses, global Deloitte offices and/or outside vendors.
- Participating in strategy sessions related to written proposals and presentations, and providing input and feedback throughout the process.
- Providing strategic guidance to bid teams with regard to overall tone/messaging.
- Working with leadership to effectively translate the relationship, service line solution and approach into written word based on interviews and other available material.
- Actively educating bid team content owners on how to write more effective bid material.
- Interpreting the client RFx and helping other senior team members create a story line for the response and related presentations.
- Collaborating with Pursuit Managers to organize the writing/editing process for the bid.
- Coaching and mentoring junior NSO team members.
The NSO is a group of specialized professionals dedicated to driving the firm's most strategic opportunities and maximizing Deloitte's return on sales investments. We lead the firm on sales governance, sales support, and sales innovation, and work with public and private sector teams from all the Deloitte businesses across Canada.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
- A relevant Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Communications, Journalism, or similar.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a particularly keen eye for detail.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience preparing and tailoring content for public sector clients, including 5 years of experience with Canadian public sector entities (experience writing proposals to address the unique needs of Government of Canada and Crown Corporations would be an asset).
- Empathetic approach, with the ability to write from the client's mindset.
- Ability to collate and synthesize large amounts of information into a persuasive story.
- Ability to work with practitioners from varying backgrounds, communicate to executive leadership, lead teams in strategic discussions, and collaborate with and influence others.
- Demonstrated initiative and problem-solving ability that allows you to quickly gain the trust of, and lead others.
- Exceptional follow-up skills, with the ability to read a situation and adapt your leadership style to achieve results.
- Ability to lead by example with regard to teamwork, commitment to quality, building up others, and recognizing and respecting differences.
- Bilingual (French and English) an asset.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.