Position Summary Senior Project OfficerJob ID: 2272 Burnaby (Metro Vancouver,) BC Play an important project management role in the delivery of affordable housing across the Province
Responsible for planning and managing a portfolio of social housing, group home and special facility development projects through all project development phases, from initiation through to warranty inspection and occupancy.
You will have the responsibility for project managing numerous projects and giving assistance to Non Profit Housing Providers and local communities as they develop their housing developments from inception to construction completion, within their approved budget. You may be required to work with the Real Estate division within Development Services on the negotiation of property acquisitions, dispositions and interests in land.
Depending on BC Housing's part in each project, your role could see you:
Prior to applying, please review the job description for this position. Please Note: This position requires:
- Developing project scope, budgets and schedules and working closely with stakeholders to determine where efficiencies, compromises and/or alternatives can be utilized in order to achieve the desired financial outcome for each project.
- working within a team on the planning and design coordination for various projects
- working closely with finance on the financial feasibility of a number of varied projects
- reviewing cost estimates and project schedules as well as monitoring budgets with external and internal stakeholders
- assisting in the establishment of terms of reference for the selection, guidance, monitoring and review of contracted private consulting firms as required
- liaising with local municipal bodies to ensure the regulatory development requirements are met
** Successful applicant(s) will be required to complete a satisfactory criminal record check **
- Valid BC Driver's License and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Ability to travel
To be considered for this role you would have ideally had 6 years of project management experience relating to the development of multi-residential housing, coupled with a university degree in business administration, project management, land use planning, real estate development and financing or a related field.
Equipped with superior analytical, planning, organizational and problem-solving skills, you have a proven ability to manage a multiple of large projects and had experience with negotiating and brokering an array of agendas. A general knowledge of multiple-unit housing development is expected, as is computer competency.
To apply, please visit www.bchousing.org/careers
Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work, competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume
clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process. When applying, please submit a cover letter and your application in **one** single document as a word or pdf file only.
Please note: As part of the application process you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. You will not be able to go back at a later time to complete the questionnaire so please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter
BC Housing-- one of BC's Top Employers for 2016
--is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada; at this time, we will not be considering agency represented candidates. Candidates are encouraged to apply directly to BC Housing.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on Twitter @ https://twitter.com/BCHjobs to find out about positions as they come available. Please see below for some useful information/tips regarding e-Recruit.
Only applications submitted using the BC Housing Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted.
- Most people find answers to their questions related to e-Recruit at " https://www.bchousing.org/resources/Job_Centre/PDFs/ERecruit-FAQ.pdf " where you can check out help guides and FAQs.
- Unfortunately, we cannot accept resumes/cover letters by any other form than online at https://www.bchousing.org/careers . This helps to ensure privacy, as well as timeliness for applicants.
- While we may receive applications from many qualified applicants, we will only be contacting those who are shortlisted.
- Follow us on Twitter @BCHjobs to get up-to-the moment information regarding our vacancies.
- If you have any questions that are not answered in our FAQ's please contact HR_admin@bchousing.org