Are you a seasoned construction professional looking to join a dedicated team?
We're currently seeking a Senior Project Manager and a Project Manager to join our team based in Vancouver.
As a Senior/Project Manager with Unison, you'll have the opportunity to work on a wide range of coveted and multi-million dollar projects, from brand new restaurants to major office improvements for global corporations.
Key areas responsibilities include:
- Ensuring projects are completed on time, within budget and to quality targets;
- Developing project plans, project estimates and negotiating project resources;
- Developing, mentoring and challenging the project team;
- Supervising and coordinating each project by liaising with trades, designers, and the client in a professional manner, ensuring procedures and policies are met accordingly;
- Identifying and resolving complex project management problems, challenging courses of action, assessing risks and modifying plans as conditions change throughout the project life cycle;
- Supporting projects and initiatives that align to the business strategy and resolving complex/critical system or business process issues;
- Communicating with stakeholders to effectively manage expectations, project progress and current issues;
- Reviewing and tracking status of project deliverables and presenting project updates, financials, issues/risks;
- Working with other Project Managers and the General Manager of Project Operations to review resource plans and identifying/communicating over/under capacity opportunities to ensure optimum resourcing in line with business objectives and budget;
- Ensuring that construction and layout is followed according to the drawings, that trades are following the building requirements of construction and safety procedures, and each contractor has enough manpower to achieve the timeline set forth;
- Revising the project work plans and making revisions, when needed;
- Holding regular status meetings with all contractors to monitor progress and discuss any concerns; and
- Managing, mentoring and training less experienced colleagues, including Project Coordinators and Assistant Project Managers.
For these roles, we're seeking candidates who are qualified with a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent construction-related, post-secondary education.
A PMP certification is also considered an asset. Senior Project Managers must have at least eight (8) years of tenant improvement project management experience and Project Managers must have at least four (4) years of relevant experience
. Proficiency with Timberline Project Management and Job Cost Modules, MS Project/Smartsheet and Excel is also critical for success. About the Benefits
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you'll be rewarded with a highly attractive salary, based on your skills, experience and qualifications. Our employees also receive a wide range of benefits, including:
- Extended Medical and Dental;
- 3 weeks' annual vacation;
- Company cell phone and laptop;
- $1,000 training and development fund.
Our social company culture recognizes and rewards our employees with a comfortable, safe and modern working environment. Monthly team lunches, casual Fridays, and regular social events create a friendly and harmonious team. We understand that work/life balance is important so we also offer a flexible working schedule, as well as excellent opportunities for training and professional development.
If you're a committed and motivated individual looking for your next big challenge, look no further - Apply online today.
Posted: September 20, 2016
Closes:November 19, 2016