Senior Project ControllerTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB's Electrification organization is responsible for the go-to-market strategy and generating profitable growth for the Electrification Business Area. Our 10,000 strong commercial team represents the portfolio of all Electrification Business Area Divisions in over 100 countries. Our unmatched domain expertise across key industry verticals and channels combined with our truly global footprint makes us able to deliver extraordinary business results, supporting our customers with solutions which address their current needs, whilst considering the future emerging trends such as Urbanization, Digitalization and Shift to Electricity and Sustainable Energy.The Senior Project Controller will lead various initiatives linked to ERP transformations allowing ABB to simplify our interactions and processes with customers internally as well as suppliers. The role pertains to the Electrification Businesses in Canada, for front-end marketing and sales. The role reports to the Director of Operational Excellence and Digital Transformations in Canada. The Digital Transformation team serves the internal businesses; ELSP, ELSB, ELDS, ELIP, ELSE & Commercial Operations. Our team provides innovative, simplified solutions through digital tools to improve sales, productivity and customer satisfaction. Your responsibilities
- ERP Transformation: Plan, coordinate and participate in all relevant ERP transformation training and testing, advising local business of any finance/business issues, support local business and global project team to implement and roll out the system, support data validation and ERP migration.
- Business process leader: represent voice of the business, sign-off on critical milestones & decisions, identify and sign-off on business requirements, identify and work with SME's, define test script development, support training initiatives, etc.
- Participate in SIT (System Integration Testing) & UAT (User Acceptance Testing), preparing the business for go-live, expedite business decisions, support organizational change management efforts (i.e. Super User program, training, etc.), coordinating on-site and Hypercare support at go-live.
- Change Agent -> assist the project team and leadership in the implementation of change initiatives; people readiness (internal and external users), change impacts, internal and external communications, training, Super User readiness, etc.
- Participate in requirements gathering, design, testing, and solutioning.
- Support and deliver on key activities and project milestones: SIT, UAT, Training, Go-Live, and Hypercare.
- Post go-live support during the month end and period end financial close.
- Track and oversee continuous improvement initiatives in the Record to Report (RTR) workstream for NAM-T (North America Transformation).
- 10+ years of Finance and Cost accounting experience as a Controller or Finance Manager with Professional accounting designation or certification (C.P.A.).
- ERP integration, Digital Transformation and SAP experience in Finance and Accounting process areas.
- Experience designing and deploying SAP modules: FI, CO, SD, MM, & PS.
- Outstanding attention to detail, accuracy, deadlines, and ability to multi-task with Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven success in ability to manage and lead multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams.
More about us
- Retirement plan
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.For the 4th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada's top employers by Forbes Magazine and has been ranked #1 within the industry category. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, and Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and supported. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.#LI-Hybrid