You are an experienced Senior Project Accountant with leadership abilities who will be responsible for coordinating the accurate and timely entry and reporting of data in the company financial systems. This includes accounts receivable, subcontract management, payroll, equipment time entry, accounts payable and month end reporting. Interaction and communication with management and project teams are important to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of data. You are a problem solver and continuously look for innovative solutions that can be utilized on projects.
Come join our Ledcor Pipeline team today!
• Provide reporting and information to project management & operations as required
• Supports the project management team in completing monthly cost and profitability reporting, including monthly accrual entry
• Coordinates the accounts receivable functions including the timely and accurate submittal of LEMs, Electronic Daily Billing and invoicing
• Pursues payment collection from client and reports on overdue balances to project management
• Working knowledge of hire-ons, terminations, records of employment, inter-company transfers and electronic HR Systems
• Review Accounts Payable to ensure accurate cost coding and compliance to purchase order
• Prepares and enters Journal Entries into financial ERP system
• Ensures LEMs, invoices and progress claims are created when required and follow process for signatures
• Verifies LEM requirements are being met and ensures rates are accurate per contract
• Auditing the project finance team to ensure timely and accurate KPI's
• Strategic planning, budget reviews and risk analysis with upper management
• Managing the day-to-day activities and development of the onsite accounting team, as required
• 5+ years of related accounting experience in an EPC environment
• Business/Accounting degree or diploma required
• Previous experience working with engineering teams
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and financial applications including ERP software
• Analytical skills with attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment, able to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines
• Leadership experience including mentoring, coaching and performance management
• Commitment to continuous improvement and excellent customer service
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Well-developed interpersonal and organization skills
• Relevant industry and JD Edwards experience would be an asset
Additional Information: Company Description
• Varied depending on assignment - 20 on, 10 off
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America's most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!Employment Equity
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging. Date Posted
May 11, 2021
167 Ocelot Road, Kitimat, BC, Canada