Ministry of Transportation & Infrastructure
$71,298.93 - $81,387.14 annually plus 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment
An excellent senior opportunity for a dedicated professional
The purpose of this exciting role is to lead and coordinate application development teams in the application development lifecycle. You will also be planning, designing, developing, testing, enhancing and maintaining mission critical applications of significant complexity (multiple platforms, environments and technologies requiring integration of new and legacy systems), and cost. If you enjoy a challenge and have the knowledge, skills and passion required to meet the challenges of this role, we encourage you to apply.
The BC Public Service is an award-winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Sciences, Information Systems or a related discipline and a minimum two (2) years of related experience developing enterprise wide software applications OR;
- Diploma in Computer Sciences, Information Systems or a related discipline and a minimum four (4) years of related experience developing enterprise wide software applications OR;
- An equivalent combination of education, training and 6 years of related experience may be considered.
Related Experience must include the following:
- Minimum 3 years recent (within the last 6 years) experience developing N-Tier, enterprise applications using a system development methodology such as Agile, Waterfall.
- Minimum 3 years recent (within the last 6 years) experience developing and maintaining large, complex and interconnected application systems.
- Experience with structured and object orientated programming in a complex rules-based environment.
- Experience participating in project teams including application developers, business area users and technical resources.
- Experience using a broad number of modern application development tools and programming languages, both open source and proprietary.
- Experience using tools for building code, versioning/storing code and information, configuration management, automating releases etc.
- Experience working with relational and non-relational database systems.
- Experience with .Net Core or .Net Framework.
For more information and to apply online by September 24, 2020, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/71385