As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
You are a computer science professional who has been seeking an opportunity to make an impact, and this is that job! Bring your technical skills to the BC Surgical Patient Registry and be a part of the evolving healthcare system in British Columbia. You'll join an engaged, innovative team of smart (and exceptionally friendly) people, and work together to create dynamic, meaningful healthcare systems that will monitor and advance surgical services for the people of B.C. If you're creative, enjoy an agile environment, and want to make a difference - this is your moment!What you'll do
The Senior Programmer reports to the Provincial Lead or designate, and is responsible for providing leadership and direction on the support and development of new and existing complex software applications used by the BC Surgical Patient Registry (BC SPR) and its stakeholders (including the Ministry of Health). As a senior member of our systems development team, this role is involved in all aspects of designing, building, and running the products for the BC SPR's operational success. While most of your time will be spent on system development, the Senior Programmer will also be involved with system optimization, evaluation, operations, and support as part of our frequent release cycles. Regular tasks include:
What you bring
- Applying a broad range of web service development and information technology experience and knowledge, the Senior Programmer manages a variety of complex large/medium projects that range from building/supporting BC SPR systems/solutions to evaluating products for their technical and architectural fit within the application environment.
- Gathering detailed information from clients, providing both architectural and technical direction, to help translate business needs into requirement specifications completes impact analysis, applies multiple technical solutions to business problems; troubleshoots, problem-solves and analyses system incidents, examines and identifies issues and formulates solutions.
- Guiding work processes through an in-depth understanding of the concepts of reuse around applications and service-oriented architecture services plus hands-on experience with, C#, SQL, Microsoft Active Server Pages, coding database driven Web applications, web frontend development frameworks, JSON/XML, .NET framework.
- Graduation from a recognized degree or diploma program in Computer Science
- 4 years' recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
What we bring
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing, using solid interpersonal skills to work well with others, including team members and stakeholders.
- Ability to write programs in a variety of programming languages.
- Works in an organized manner with strong ability to prioritize tasks for self and others.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
$44.22/hour + benefits (health and dental, sick time, pension and vacation)
1333 West Broadway, Vancouver BC V6H 1G9 Additional locations:
Victoria and Kelowna
Hours of Work:
128849EWhat we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.