Job Description Summary
At STEMCELL you will be working with "Scientists Helping Scientists" and contribute to bringing new and exciting products to the market that advance science and enable cutting-edge research and clinical applications. This is an exciting opportunity for motivated individuals to join a growing team and involves a high degree of interaction and collaboration across departments.
The Senior Program Associate, Custom Products will work within the Operations Management team to support STEMCELL's unique and exciting custom products. The candidate will work to effectively coordinate a multitude of tasks required to bring made-to-order products to commercialization.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Manage processes and activities related to design/technology transfer and commercialization of customized made-to-order products, including tracking and following up on timelines and deliverables, progress reports, agendas, meeting minutes, action items and database management
- Accurate and efficient transfer of knowledge and data from a customer order to an ERP NPI team and facilitation up to the point of shipping to the customer
- Support the implementation of the custom orders program at STEMCELL
- Prepare, distribute and maintain documentation according to company quality standards and best practices
- Implement and maintain processes for tracking corporate priorities and team goals
- Facilitate information flow, risk identification and mitigation, decision making, and status and delay reporting
- Contribute to the generation, improvement, and reporting of performance metrics (KPIs)
- Become a subject matter expert associated with content, processes and procedures associated with all aspects of custom product design and production
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant field with 3+ years relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrates initiative, creativity, and organizational skills, with keen attention to detail
- Experience with SAP or other ERP systems is preferred
- Experience with business processes and coordination within organizations
- Strong interpersonal skills to work collaboratively and gain the cooperation of others across functional teams
- Clear, articulate, and professional verbal and written reasoning skills to communicate effectively to audiences across the organization
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Comfortable and adaptable to changing priorities
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada's Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
NOTE: STEMCELL's vaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including with boosters) against COVID-19, as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders.
To apply, please select the "Apply" button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.