Senior Production Engineer/Designer: Harvey 2446
We are currently looking for a Senior Production Engineer / Designer to report to the Production Engineering Manager or VP of Engineering.
Job Overview / Summary (Purpose of this job / statement(s) to demonstrate why this job exists)
Production Engineering is responsible for the design, development, implementation, operation, maintenance, and control of all processes in the manufacture of our drivetrain products.
This shall include technically supporting QA, production build and test support, and after-sales service support.
(Main areas/ accountabilities/responsibilities in which this job must get results in order to achieve its purpose)
- Propose and implement product improvements.
- Support manufacturing of production products
- Review processes and systems used in production manufacturing to look for efficiency improvements.
- Design tools and fixtures for assembly and inspection
- Support testing department in product failures to minimize down time.
- Conduct root cause investigations into customer related issues.
- Support after sales service activities
- Support Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Conduct drawing reviews based on inspection data
- Review inspection data and process audits
- Support creation and maintenance of all assembly documentation.
- Manage multiple projects or tasks.
- Communicate and coordinate with various internal departments.
- Communicate and coordinate with outside customers.
- Learn and follow company’s engineering standards.
- Learn and follow company corporate requirements.
Job Performance Key Metrics: (What are the Key Performance Indicators)
- Adherence to Corporate Policy and SOP’s
- Teamwork and participation as indicated by feedback from various companies’ team members
- Complete work on time and budget
- Meet agreed upon KPI (key performance indicators)
Skills and Competencies Required: (Indicate the critical skills and competencies required for this job where appropriate)
- A bachelor's degree in applicable engineering field or a diploma in engineering technology is required.
- 10+ years working experience in Engineering discipline
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of processes and methods used to manufacture transmission components such as gears, shafts, castings, etc.
- Knowledge of inspection methods and processes
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong self-initiative in improving work processes and Internal Control.
- Familiarity with hydraulic, electrical and control systems
- Ability to read hydraulic and electrical schematics.
- Technical writing skills
- Attention to detail, especially ensuring specific steps are followed to complete a task.
- Keen attention to detail with high level of accuracy
- Experience in dealing with senior managers, executives, and outside officials.
- 5+ years of experience with a 3D CAD and ERP system/s (desirable)
- 5+ years of experience with DFMA (desirable)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven organizational skills
- Self-directed problem solving (methodical and logical)
- Solid experience with MS Office products such as Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- High level of reliability and dedication, willing to work on emergencies during non-business hours as required
- Ability to travel
- Desire to learn and develop.
This is a fulltime position
Salary is open depending on current working experience
Benefits package is available after 3 months
Manufacturing and Production