Since our humble beginnings back in 2003, relationships have been at the core of this company. We’re all about bringing great people together, and that all starts right here, with the employees of PlentyOfFish. We’re a team of passionate, driven individuals who are dedicated to helping people all over the world find love.
Every day, over 4 million people trust us to help them meet someone special by using our service, and we take that responsibility very seriously. The scale of our products may be tremendous, but our commitment to helping each of our 80+ employees reach their highest potential is unwavering.
At PlentyOfFish we work hard, take risks, and make a real difference in the world, but make sure to leave some time for fun in the process. We organize team-building activities, volunteer in our community, and even celebrate staff birthdays and milestones. Every year, the entire team is invited to a weekend-long retreat to celebrate the holiday season.
The industry of online dating is constantly evolving, and so is our business. PlentyOfFish is credited as a true pioneer in free dating, but we have our sights set on our exciting new phase of growth as we lay the foundation for years to come. Join us!
Today, we are looking for a technically-minded Senior Product Manager to join our growing team. At POF we build mobile and web platforms which are used by millions of people every day. As a Senior Product Manager you will directly influence products of enormous scale.
Our ideal candidate has a strong sense of business acumen and an in-depth technical understanding of how web and mobile software works. You are a passionate leader and know how to motivate all product stakeholders including engineering, design, and research teams.
So, what will you do?
- Work with Developers to optimize and develop products – this will involve analyzing business metrics, defining requirements, communicating priorities and working cross functionally to improve KPIs across our web and mobile products.
- Use analytics, test results and ROI to drive direction and provide actionable feedback to management and stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities or flaws and make recommendations for changes, new features, and conversion rate improvements.
- Work with our product team to plan development Sprints and prioritize our product roadmap
- Develop thorough understanding of our product, competition, and market.
- Anticipate and react to new technologies.
What does our ideal candidate look like?
- 4+ years of product experience in a high tech environment. You have shipped multiple products in the past!
- Post-secondary degree in computer science, engineering, and or equivalent work experience.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to execute, deliver, and report on business metrics.
- Experience working with a variety of web and mobile technologies.
- Excellent time management, organizational skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Experience in subscription-based industry
- Familiarity with agile methodologies, scrum, kanban
- Familiarity with SQL
- Understanding of how large scale web and mobile applications work technologically