Senior Product Manager
Reference ID: 418264
Management and Executive
Amazon Web Services (AWS) enables customers of all sizes to run their applications on Amazon's industry leading cloud computing infrastructure. Amazon reduces the time required to obtain and use new compute and storage capacity to minutes, allowing customers to quickly scale capacity, both up and down, as their application requirements change. AWS changes the economics of computing by allowing customers to pay only for capacity they actually use. A rich portfolio of application, database, development, management, security, and analytics services help developers and operators achieve increased speed and agility and deploy their applications globally in minutes.
The AWS Automation and Messaging team is recruiting a senior product manager for our services. This is a highly visible role with the ability to meaningfully influence how people will use computing for years to come.
The senior product manager will:
- Build a roadmap and define features that delight our customers, drive adoption and increase utilization of our services.
- Determine new pricing models that will be required to meet the market demand.
- Perform outbound marketing and product launch activities.
- Partner with internal teams to ensure that the products we build amount to solutions customer can consume.
- Own the strategy to drive growth in existing and new markets.
- Report to senior leadership on the state of the business.
Key Strategic Objectives:
- Provide highly elastic, completely user controlled messaging, workflow, and event-driven computing services capacity in the cloud that are reliable, easy to use, secure and inexpensive. This leader will connect deeply with the developers of highly scaled systems and ensure that our offerings are easy to adopt, deliver unbounded scale, and meet needs as the customers' needs evolve.
- Drive broad adoption and provide unparalleled customer experience. Develop a strategic and tactical plan that drives additional awareness, trial, adoption, and repeat usage of our services. The mechanisms this leader should evaluate and be comfortable with include feature development, pricing changes, various marketing channels (e.g., public relations, developer evangelism, promotions), customer surveys and profiling, partner management, sample applications, code samples, and technical documentation, development, etc.
- Lead the organization through change, evolution, and sustained growth. The right leader will evolve and scale the organization along with the business. They will lead by example, being just as passionate about operational performance and predictability as they are about all other aspects of the customer experience. With the business growing this rapidly, this leader will not have the luxury of having tunnel-vision for any one area; rather, this individual will need to exhibit excellent judgment on how to prioritize between focusing on existing versus new customers and between features, architectural improvements, and operational excellence.
Basic Qualifications - BA/BS
- Minimum of 6 years product management experience preferably with internet business experience
- Minimum of 6 years experience translating customer needs into features, pricing models, and product offerings to deliver an unparalleled customer experience
Preferred Qualifications - Advanced degree in Computer Science or an engineering field
The successful candidate will be a broad leader, part builder, part operator, and part general manager. This leader has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a very high growth environment where priorities shift rapidly. He or she is a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented, opinionated team. This leader should have a proven ability to design, deliver, and operate a technical service that is robust in the face of failure around it.
Posted: October 16, 2016
Closes:October 30, 2016