Address of employer: 510 West Georgia Street,
Vancouver, V6B 0M3
Job duties: Want to make database history? Want to own and build something new, launch, and see it grow fast (we mean really fast)? Come and join the Amazon Database Services team!
We are currently developing several new and innovative technologies that will materialize as new services. Our team pioneered Amazon RDS, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Redshift, and Amazon Aurora. Each service changed the course of database history by bringing new and innovative features to our customers. Sounds exciting? Come talk to us.
We're looking for a top notch product owner to build new services from the ground up and expand existing product lines. We are looking for a product leader to lead, designer to design, inventor to invent, builder to build, launch, and scale new and existing services for our customers.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
• End-to-end ownership of a database engine P&L - own the product experience to drive the growth of the database engine to achieve yearly revenue and margin targets
• Working closely with potential customers to understand their use cases and requirements
• Supporting the Solutions Architect and the Account Manager communities in their engagements with customers by being a product expert and advising customers on the best use of your database engine for their database needs
• Proposing a list of features and working with the development team and the database services business leadership on prioritizing them
• Developing the product strategy (positioning, pricing, marketing etc.) for your database engine
• Analyzing business drivers, understanding the underlying trends in the business, and reporting to senior management
• Launching product features, beta programs, and marketing programs
• Meeting customers in EBC and presenting the product roadmap
Salary Range: $97,200 to $180,000/yr, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units. While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include:
•Paid Time Off
Basic Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
• BS in Computer Science or an engineering field and an MBA
• Minimum of 5 years of software development, testing, and technology or product management experience with internet businesses
• Minimum of 2 years of experience translating customer needs into product features, user interface design, and pricing models to deliver an unparalleled customer experience
Preferred Qualifications Preferred Qualifications
All applicants must meet the qualifications above.
Posted: February 22, 2017
Closes:March 1, 2017