Amazon Web Services (AWS) enables customers of all sizes to run their applications on Amazon's industry-leading cloud computing infrastructure. A rich portfolio of application, database, development, management, security, and analytics services help developers and operators achieve increased speed and agility and deploy their applications globally in minutes. The AWS Messaging team owns and operates Simple Queue Service(SQS), Simple Notification Service (SNS), among other core messaging services which provides AWS customers with the cloud infrastructure for building highly scalable, asynchronous and fault tolerant distributed cloud applications. These are core architectural component of critical systems for Amazon as well as many leading global enterprises running on AWS. If you are passionate about solving customer needs, the challenges of big scale, developing distributed applications that are easy to use and reliable, and forging the road on how development is done, then our team has a place for you.
The AWS Messaging team is recruiting a senior product manager to help grow our services. This is a technical product management position. In this role, you will identify key markets and customer opportunities. Your deep understanding of who our customers are, their needs and how they use our services will help you develop technical collateral that highlights our unique strengths and how our customers can benefit from our solutions. You will set goals to increase adoption and usage of our services, and develop market plans to achieve them. By working closely with our customers, you will be their voice within our team. Your ability to anticipate their future needs will lead you to propose new features and services.
The senior product manager will:
• Identify key markets and customer opportunities.
• Develop market plans, monitor progress, and act to drive continuous improvement. You will work with a cross-functional team of marketing, business development, sales professionals, as well as solution architects.
• Develop and nurture a funnel of key customers. You will prioritize key engagements and focus our support accordingly.
• Deeply understand our key customers and be their advocate within our team. You will influence feature development and support priorities.
• Identify future requirements and propose new features and services that bring significant customer value. You will write customer working backwards documents.
• Define and help develop compelling content that articulate value, use cases, competitive differentiation and benchmarking (customer case studies, videos, whitepapers, sales plays, presentations, how to guides, comparison tools, and more)
• Develop enablement assets and training materials for sales (sales plays, first call decks, battle cards, videos, white papers, and more)
Key Strategic Objectives:
- Provide highly elastic computing services capacity in the cloud that are reliable, easy to use, secure and inexpensive. This leader will connect deeply with the developers of highly scaled systems and ensure that our offerings are easy to adopt, deliver unbounded scale, and meet needs as the customers' needs evolve.
- Drive broad adoption and provide unparalleled customer experience. Develop a strategic and tactical plan that drives additional awareness, trial, adoption, and repeat usage of our services. The mechanisms this leader should evaluate and be comfortable with include feature development, pricing changes, various marketing channels (e.g., public relations, developer evangelism, promotions), customer surveys and profiling, partner management, sample applications, code samples, and technical documentation, development, etc.
- Lead the organization through change, evolution, and sustained growth. The right leader will evolve and scale the organization along with the business. They will lead by example, being just as passionate about operational performance and predictability as they are about all other aspects of the customer experience. With the business growing this rapidly, this leader will not have the luxury of having tunnel-vision for any one area; rather, this individual will need to exhibit excellent judgment on how to prioritize between focusing on existing versus new customers and between features, architectural improvements, and operational excellence.
Name of employer: Amazon Canada Fulfillment Services, Inc.
Job location: 510 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC, V6M 0M3BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum of 5 years of product management experience
• Bachelor degree in engineering or computer sciencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with modern cloud technologies
- Proven ability to develop new concepts into commercial products.
- MBA or similar business degree