Amazon Managed Workflows for Apache Airflow (MWAA) is a managed orchestration service for Apache Airflow (https://airflow.apache.org/) that makes it easier to set up and operate end-to-end data pipelines in the cloud at scale. If you share our passion for workflow orchestration at scale, cutting edge software development on server-less architecture and a commitment to contribute back to Apache Airflow open-source community, then we may just have a role for you.
TThe MWAA team is looking for a Senior Product Manager. You are expected to dive deep into the technology from a product, customer, and Apache Airflow community perspective to drive feature development for Amazon MWAA and contribute features to open-source Apache Airflow. This will be a challenging and rewarding opportunity to exercise your product management skills and make a meaningful impact to our customers. The customers that depend on our services are household names. You will be the "hub in the wheel" and work closely with senior management, engineering, finance, sales, solution architects, marketing, business development, and customers.
The senior product manager will:
• Deeply understand our key customers and be their advocate within our team. You will influence feature development and support priorities.
• Identify future requirements and propose new features and services that bring significant customer value.
• Prioritize roadmap and feature backlog.
• Develop pricing strategies.
• Own the strategy to drive adoption and usage growth in existing and new markets.
• Work with marketing to perform outbound marketing and product launch activities.
• Provide product support to our business development and field teams.
• Provide forecasts and help manage the P&L.
• Report to senior leadership on the state of the business.
The successful candidate will be a broad leader who thrives in a very high growth environment where conditions can shift rapidly. She or he can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly, and understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented team. The leader will be able to think strategically, but will also roll up their sleeves and carry out the tactics that bring their strategies to fruition.
If you're entrepreneurial and want to build and own transformative technology products, join us in making history.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years of Product Management or equivalent experience in a technical environment
• Excellent written and oral communications skills, including experience communicating to executives.
• Able to dive deeply into technical details (e.g., key dependencies, design choices, operability, etc.) and drive constructive discussions with engineers.
• Able to work in a diverse teamPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• MBA or other advanced degree.
• Experience delivering software products and features using Agile/Scrum/Kanban methodologies in a DevOps environment.
• Prior experience managing technical products or online services, including proficiency with web services, online technology, and compute services.
Management and Executive