Do you possess a passion for e-commerce, an obsession to make customers happy, and at the same time an ability to solve intrinsically hard technology problems ? Are you excited by the idea of directly influencing the foundation for Amazon's future retail technology?
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager - Technical (PM-T) who manages the lifecycle of a series of products that have meaningful technical impacts. Our team is responsible for and growing an innovative, confidential, and global project that uncovers and solves endemic problems in business and technology.
As a Senior PM-T, you own product and engineering roadmaps and feature priorities for a complex set of software solutions that help amazon innovate in e-commerce. You define the problems we are trying to solve, desired customer experience, vision, tenets, and product strategy. You deliver the right product solutions independently, with limited guidance. You're not afraid to roll up your sleeves and do what is necessary to deliver for our customers. You are skilled at influencing technical and business teams and when confronted with discordant views, you are able to find the best way forward and build consensus. On top of this, you're skilled at articulating your thoughts both in verbal in written form.
In this role, you drive product discussions and are able to distill clear requirements from large and diverse sets of customers, partners, and vendors; you have an ability to identify problems that apply broadly and can articulate them and present them to stakeholders and peers to help Amazon improve.
This role will be a good fit if you...
• have a passion for eCommerce
• have a demonstrated obsession for customers
• are entrepreneurial, optimistic, and like the challenges associated with working with ambiguity
• are passionate about building e-commerce products that make customers and partners happy
• have an ability to decompose complex problems into straightforward solutions
• possess an excellent understanding of development tools in order to develop software productively
• are a creative problem solver who can work without supervision or direction
• have an analytical mind and are able to communicate complex issues in a concise way
• have the ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to get things done
• are a skilled business and technical communicator, comfortable presenting across all levels of the organizationBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree
• 7+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• 3+ years of experience managing teams
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field
• 5+ years of experience post-graduation, or an equivalent combination of education and experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• 7+ years of professional experience in software development
• Track record of handling changing priorities and showing good judgement
• Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in cloud-based software design and development
• Exposure to digital marketing, especially SEM, SEO, and Video Advertising
• Strong sense of urgency and personal commitment
Management and Executive