We are bringing Amazon's trademarks (big ideas and customer obsession) to recruiting at Amazon. Come help us hire the best, build great tools for our hiring managers and recruiters, and help candidates (people like you!) find their next amazing opportunity.
A day in the life
You are in charge of defining new solutions to help Amazon hire the best. Your customers are external - people like you, looking for their next opportunity. Internal users are critical too: your products help hiring managers get builders in seats, help recruiters perform their jobs more efficiently, and help major recruiting programs, like university hiring, scale their operations. You will partner with UX, tech and key stakeholders to uncover problems, get to know your customers, set a vision, define solutions, execute new deliveries, and measure your impact. You own it end-to-end, from ideation to requirements to go to market.
About the hiring group
We are Recruiting Engine, a cross-functional org of research and applied scientists, data engineers, program managers, product managers, UX designers, software developers, and recruiting teams. We believe there is a right way to recruit, and have brought these disciplines together to ideate, build, and learn together. We are global, with primary offices in Seattle, Vancouver, and Edinburgh.
Product management at Amazon is inherently cross-functional. The right candidate needs to be an owner of their portfolio; making strategic product decisions grounded in data. You will work closely with business teams, leaders, and dedicated user experience design and engineering teams in an agile development environment to launch new features and experiences. Other key responsibilities include monitoring the execution of the project, providing project progress to stakeholders, and ensuring appropriate levels of quality to maintain the overall integrity of the project.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• 5+ years of Product Management experience with direct product ownership.
• 3 years working at a software company focused on customer experience with a large number of users.
• Experience working directly with Engineers in an Agile development environment, managing the day-to-day tactics
• Demonstrated ability to successfully influence stakeholders without formal authority, leading cross functional teams across geographies and business units.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• MBA preferred
• Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems, showing a track record of making business decisions using relevant data and insights.
• Strong strategic aptitude; proven ability to define a winning business strategy and product roadmap and gain buy-in from stakeholders at all levels.
• Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing technology concepts, schedule tradeoffs, and new opportunities with technical team members.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects and competing priorities.
• Demonstrated track record of exceptional written and verbal communication to gain buy-in for product direction and crisply communicate product status updates.
Management and Executive