Redbrick's portfolio company Shift is looking for a Senior Product Manager!
Redbrick and Shift are headquartered on the traditional Coast Salish territory, and we respectfully acknowledge the Lekwungen and WSÁNEĆ People of this region. With gratitude, we live, work, and care for this beautiful land.
One thing that our team members say they value most is our fun and truly 'people-first' culture. Ours is a place where you're given the autonomy to do your best work and provided with all the tools and support you need to do so. Here are some of the things our team loves most about working at Shift:
- Highly competitive salary
- Attractive vacation, healthcare & benefits, including generous RRSP matching
- 'People-first' culture that prioritizes fun
- Autonomy and freedom to do your best work on your own terms (you won't find any micromanagers here!)
- Flexibility to work remotely
- State-of-the-art and centrally located office in Victoria BC
- Remote work fund to create a successful home working setup
- Opportunities to work on interesting products
- High-end hardware and equipment - in the office and at home
- Opportunities to learn and grow through professional development support, funding, and mentorship
- Internal mobility; opportunity to work with various products and teams across the Redbrick portfolio of companies
- Monthly fitness reimbursements to support a healthy and active lifestyle
- Commute to work incentive
Redbrick is the parent organization of a portfolio of disruptive digital companies. Headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia, we've scaled from local start-up to global name in a few short years, conceptualizing new business ideas, acquiring established companies, and growing them to super-scaled profitability - all thanks to the people we hire.
5 portfolio companies and growing
1 amazing shared service team
One of our 5 portfolio companies, Shift , is a general-purpose browser built to help customers enhance their browsing experience with greater focus and better results. By customizing Chromium's open-source browser to offer beautifully designed features and integrated apps, we're redefining the way you use your browser and truly helping you get what you really need on the web. Our Shift team is 45 people strong and works closely with Redbrick's shared People Operations, Finance, and Creative/Marketing teams.
We are changing the way browsing happens, and building an exceptional team is our top priority. We cheerlead your goals and accomplishments and are invested in your future. In line with putting your health and safety first, we provide our team with the freedom and flexibility to work where they work best. Most of our team enjoys a blend of remote and in-office work. In-office time brings many perks, and we also place an emphasis on planning events and fun that all can enjoy.
As a Senior Product Manager at Shift, you are the consummate team player, adept at managing relationships, collaborating and influencing across a variety of organizational functions. You are excited to support and collaborate with our current product management team and communicate effectively with Tech, Design, Marketing and Business. You care about consumers, and their app experiences, but also love the challenge that comes with healthy monetization strategies and improving LTV and other product & business KPIs.
We get it: You want to know what you're signing up for before you apply, right? As a Senior Product Manager at Shift you'll be responsible for:
- Assist in the execution of all processes in the product life cycle, including product and market research, competitor analysis, planning, positioning, requirements and roadmap development, and product launch.
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements for prototyping and final development by engineering teams.
- Take ownership of the continuous improvement to the Lifetime Value KPI of the Shift products you are responsible for by increasing user engagement.
- In the products you are responsible for, you will take ownership of in-app analytics and own Mixpanel usage. You will also synthesize customer insights, quantitative and qualitative data, and business strategy into product concepts and requirements.
- Work closely with the Design team to mock up any new features & planned product changes while focusing on the appropriate UX for our user demographic.
- Work closely with the Tech team to ensure split tests are designed, executed and analyzed to increase KPls across our products & marketing flows.
- Manage the priority of tickets in our Kanban Board in accordance with our quarterly goals, and lead the weekly grooming sessions with the Tech team.
- Keep a finger on the pulse of the competitive landscape from a product and marketing perspective.
After 1 week
- Completed your onboarding with the team.
- You have a solid understanding of the software we build and the existing Shift product portfolio.
- Familiarized with the product roadmap - work on the go, the work planned, and the product work that needs planning.
- Attended your 1st grooming session to get a sense of where things are at.
- Attended multiple Tech Stand Ups to get a sense for the Tech Team and their current workload.
- Been set up with access to all the needed tools for the job.
After 1 month
Significant learning within our analytics tools, especially Mixpanel.
- Working on new features, doing wireframes, creating tickets, and making our products better!
- Become confident in Mixpanel, using it multiple times a day, while working out an efficient usage workflow.
- Taken ownership of of the products you have been assigned, in close and ongoing collaboration with the VP of Product and the rest of the product team.
- You have a comprehensive understanding of the competitive landscape.
After 6 months
- Significant LTV improvement to the products you are responsible for which have been realized via new features that are now live in production.
- You are a Mixpanel master, being able to create functional reports that your Shift colleagues rely on.
- You are working seamlessly with Tech & Marketing to bring real value to our users.
- Made countless improvements to the Shift products you are responsible for that have had a material benefit for both users and the business.
- You have a deep understanding of industry trends and how they impact the product's direction.
- You are a key member of the Product Team and feel supported and excited about the plans ahead.
As a Senior Product Manager with Shift, here is what we're on the lookout for:
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management.
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- Technical or Software experience is a bonus but not required.
- Experience working for a B2C company or product (Saas experience is also a bonus).
- An intrapreneur who loves a fast paced environment that offers the opportunity for big and immediate impact.
- Someone who loves the freedom to blaze a path forward with conviction, while still keeping the team in the loop, respecting opinions and feedback.
- Strong use of analytics, user research and business cases to drive decisions and improve products. We are big Mixpanel users - this experience there would be amazing.
- Strong product management skills, including but not limited to - roadmap, business case, prioritization, negotiation and obtaining consensus.
- Strong instincts for triage & resource planning - be able to quickly know what is important and what is less important.
- Proven track record of driving product innovation and bringing new products to market
- Great presentation style, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Agile development methodology experience.
- Experience using Atlassian Products, JIRA, Asana and other product and project management tools.
- You have an ability to make quick decisions to solve complex technical and operational challenges,
- Expert communication skills, including the ability to persuade and inspire, a knack for breaking down complex technical concepts, and a proactive attitude toward knowledge sharing.
If you're picking up what we're putting down, applying is easy as 1, 2, 3. Apply with your cover letter and resume. Take this opportunity on your cover letter to tell us your story and why you'd be a good fit for our team. Be sure to follow us on Facebook , Linkedin , Twitter , and Instagram for all that is happening and Redbrick and Shift!
Redbrick and Shift are committed to creating a diverse environment where everyone can be their true authentic selves. We value all differences as they are essential for a thriving, happy, and productive workplace. Join us and help build a disruptive company where we are all proud to belong. Images Images Additional Info
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level
Management and Executive