Senior Product Manager, AWS Messaging Services
Reference ID: 774890
Amazon Web Services (AWS) enables customers of all sizes to run their applications on Amazon's industry-leading cloud computing infrastructure. A rich portfolio of application, database, development, management, security, and analytics services help developers and operators achieve increased speed and agility and deploy their applications globally in minutes. The AWS Messaging team owns and operates Simple Queue Service(SQS) and Simple Notification Service (SNS), among other core messaging services which provides AWS customers with the cloud infrastructure for building highly scalable, asynchronous and fault tolerant distributed cloud applications. These are core architectural component of critical systems for Amazon as well as many leading global enterprises running on AWS. If you are passionate about solving customer needs, the challenges of big scale, developing distributed applications that are easy to use and reliable, and forging the road on how development is done, then our team has a place for you.
The AWS Messaging team is recruiting a senior product manager for one of our services. This will be a challenging and rewarding opportunity to exercise your product management skills and make a meaningful impact to our customers. The customers that depend on our services are household names. You will work closely with senior management, engineering, finance, sales, solution architects, marketing, business development, and customers.
The senior product manager will:
• Listen to customers and translate their needs into valued features
• Prioritize roadmap and feature backlog
• Develop pricing strategies
• Own the strategy to drive adoption and usage growth in existing and new markets
• Work with marketing to perform outbound marketing and product launch activities
• Provide product support to our business development and field teams
• Provide forecasts and manage the P&L
• Report to senior leadership on the state of the business
Key Strategic Objectives:
- Provide highly elastic computing services capacity in the cloud that are reliable, easy to use, secure and inexpensive. This leader will connect deeply with the developers of highly scaled systems and ensure that our offerings are easy to adopt, deliver unbounded scale, and meet needs as the customers' needs evolve.
- Drive broad adoption and provide unparalleled customer experience. Develop a strategic and tactical plan that drives additional awareness, trial, adoption, and repeat usage of our services. The mechanisms this leader should evaluate and be comfortable with include feature development, pricing changes, various marketing channels (e.g., public relations, developer evangelism, promotions), customer surveys and profiling, partner management, sample applications, code samples, and technical documentation, development, etc.
- Lead the organization through change, evolution, and sustained growth. The right leader will evolve and scale the organization along with the business. They will lead by example, being just as passionate about operational performance and predictability as they are about all other aspects of the customer experience. With the business growing this rapidly, this leader will not have the luxury of having tunnel-vision for any one area; rather, this individual will need to exhibit excellent judgment on how to prioritize between focusing on existing versus new customers and between features, architectural improvements, and operational excellence.
- Minimum of 5 years of product management experience
- Bachelor degree in computer engineering or computer science
- Experience with modern cloud technologies
- Experience with messaging middleware
- Proven ability to develop new concepts into commercial products.
- MBA or similar business degree
Posted: March 18, 2019
Closes: May 17, 2019