Reporting to the Section Leader, Mineral Processing, the Senior Process Engineer/Metallurgist is accountable for leading or supporting processing technology development and technical services projects. The incumbent will make technical contributions to projects focusing on mineral processing. The incumbent should have knowledge and experience in technology development, good data analysis and problem-solving skills, and critical and conceptual thinking abilities.
To succeed, we are looking for someone with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, who can build relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and communicate key messages and recommendations to all company levels. This role requires a self-motivated individual who enjoys managing multiple projects and priorities with minimal supervision. Conflict resolution skills and the ability to mentor and coach individuals would be vital for success.
Join us in the breathtaking Trail of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Working a compressed work week with alternating Fridays off, experience what work-life balance is all about! Responsibilities:
- Be a Courageous Safety Leader, establish and promote the maintenance and continual improvement of a safe, healthy, and environmentally-responsible working environment.
- Lead process technology and operational/optimization projects with key success factors aligned to the project business case, including health and safety, environmental compliance, technical outcomes, schedule, cost, and quality.
- Manage and coordinate operational activities with multiple groups, including internal technology development teams, equipment manufacturers and technology providers, engineering companies, on-site contractors, and subject matter experts.
- Provide metallurgical support to techno-economic studies, including scoping and pre-feasibility engineering activities, to evaluate and rank potential technology solutions.
- Provide consulting services to operational sites and project teams in various areas of mineral processing engineering.
- Effectively communicate key messages and recommendations by issuing high-quality reports and delivering effective presentations to all company levels.
- Graduate degree, with a strong preference for a post-graduate degree in engineering, particularly mineral processing engineering.
- Minimum five (5) years of work experience in mineral processing or relevant technical disciplines (e.g. surface chemistry, extractive metallurgy).
- Registered, or eligible for registration, as a Professional Engineer with Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (EGBC).
- Experience in operations and/or engineering studies in mining is desirable.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required. In addition, the ability to work in Spanish is desirable.
- Some experience in technical project management is preferred.
- Highly-motivated self-starter with the ability to work under minimal supervision while simultaneously managing several priorities/projects to meet firm deadlines.
- Ability to travel ( domestic and international) and work at different sites and offices that Teck operates.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2020, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eleventh straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 percent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.
#LI-FR1 Job Segment:
Materials Science, Metallurgy, Process Engineer, Coal Mining, Mining, Engineering, Science