Senior Practice Leader, Provincial TB Services Clinical Prevention Services, BC Centre for Disease Control, Vancouver BC
The Provincial Tuberculosis (TB) Services
is program within the Clinical Prevention Services, BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC). The Provincial TB Services provides TB consultation for healthcare providers across BC. This program manages the majority of active TB cases and coordinates the case management of drug-resistant TB and complex pediatric cases. The TB Service provides approximately 25,000 points of service in the Lower Mainland, offer testing, diagnosis and treatment to marginalized individuals exposed to TB in urban and rural or remote areas. The team works to reduce the impact of TB in BC through health promotion, disease prevention, TB treatment and follow-up.
Watch how the BCCDC is providing this important work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7Pbmg7dj9I
We are seeking a Senior Practice Leader, Provinical TB Services to join us! What you'll do
What you bring
- Act as a resource and consultant for local, provincial and national planning in the area of the designated specialized clinic area of Turberculous (TB) at the program, organizational, provincial, national and international levels.
- Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of provincial guidelines and standards of practices for the delivery of communicable diseases control programs in collaboration with the CPS Leadership, other members of the team and stakeholders.
- Promote evidenced-based practice and shares knowledge about current research and literature including innovation in practice as it relates to TB. Establish opportunities to support staff in implementing evidence based practice. Conducts applied research. Promote and advance best practice through publications, presentations, and conferences.
- Provide leadership and expert clinical consultation to public health practitioners. Lead and support knowledge translation and communication of best practices and successful programming for the designated specialized clinic area.
- Lead and supports development, implementation, evaluation and monitoring of nursing certification and Decisions Support tools for TB's in partnership and under guidance of the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM).
- Provide leadership for the provincial implementation and evaluation of new and expanded the designated specialized programs and innovative practices in these areas.
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Master's Degree in Nursing, or related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years of recent, related clinical experience in TB and public health nursing in progressively senior leadership positions or advanced practice roles including experience in drafting guidelines and standards of practice.
- Eligible for registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM).
You will have:
What's in it for you
- Strong facilitation skills and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- The ability to work independently and as an effective member of an interdisciplinary care team.
- Demonstrated leadership through teaching, dissemination of research and mentoring.
- Strong problem solving skills within a complex challenging environment and across the health care system.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
655 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Friday; 0830-1630
Requisition Number: 106223 What we do
BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) bccdc.ca is dedicated to preventing and controlling communicable disease and promoting environmental health for the province.
Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of April 8, 2021
. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.