Are you passionate about payments and customer experience? Do you have a track record of delivering on high impact business initiatives? Do you love diving deep to solve problems? Come and experience a company and team who focus on the customer first!
As one of the largest e-commerce companies in the world, Amazon processes billions of secure on-line transactions via a number of payment mechanisms, including credit cards, debit cards and bank payments. Amazon is known across the globe as the most trusted company on the internet.
Amazon's Payment Acceptance and Experience organization is seeking a true product leader, who is passionate about building consumer products that deliver value to our customers. In this role, you will be defining Amazon-wide consumer payment experiences in partnership with UX Designers, Data Scientists and Software Engineers. Payments is a deep and complex area at Amazon that will require you to dive deep on how worldwide customers prefer to pay for goods and services and translating those requirements to our CX and Platform teams to develop systems that scale to billions of customers.
You will be responsible for designing, managing and optimizing the foundation which enables every customer to purchase on Amazon. Specifically your product enables internal businesses to leverage the power of Amazon's payments platform and deliver the best paying experience to Amazon's customers around the globe. You will own productizing and evolving existing services to allow Amazon to enable new paying experiences and payment methods at low cost, low time to market and increased agility. Additionally, you will own developing new solutions to enable paying experiences for new businesses and channels across web, mobile, and new commerce channels.
This role will require working with and across multiple teams and geographies. This role requires someone who is uncompromising in delivery of high quality, scalable and innovative solutions. The successful candidate will have exemplary program management skills; not only in terms of process, but also in terms of communication skills and organizational agility. We like to have fun while we work, this person should too.
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision. He or she must be a fast learner, who can quickly absorb the nuances of Amazon's varied payment offerings as well as the behavior of Amazon's internal systems. He or she will be analytical in their decision making, with the demonstrated ability to drive issues to completion and have a passion for supplying their clients with data. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks and strategy. Excellent listening, writing skills and strong technical competency are essential. This critical position is located at the headquarters in Seattle, WA.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 7+ years of product management experience with high-quality and large-scale services including customer analysis, market segmentation, KPI management, operational management and roadmap development
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or technical field of study
• Strong product management background with finance, technical management, and end customer research experience
• Great verbal and written communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with UX designers, product managers, and other developers
• Strong verbal and written communication to C-level executives at Amazon and with external partnersPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• MBA or Masters in computer science preferred
• Strong understanding of payments domain and payments industry
• Good understanding of platform service models, including Platform as a Service
• Experience with Web Services, Front End technology stacks and Service Oriented Architectures
• Ability to lead, drive consensus and deliver in a matrix organization with multiple stakeholders
• Proficient with web services, online technologies, virtualization, developer tools, and user interface design