Canfor is one of the world’s largest and most respected integrated forest products companies. For more than 75 years, we have been delivering top-quality lumber, pulp and paper products to our valued customers worldwide. With operations in Western Canada and the Southern United States, and sales offices around the world, you can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We are leaders in sustainable forest management and in converting wood residuals into green energy.
As we continue to grow our company and our markets, find out how you can grow your career with us.
The Senior Operations Supervisor is responsible for delivery of volumes to meet manufacturing facility needs and Company commitments.
- Responsibility for administration of the Division’s quota wood harvesting contracts – rate negotiations, activity monitoring, payment and quality management.
- Plan and conduct the operational aspects of construction, maintenance and deactivation for operational and in-block roads from Canfor tenures
- Maintain a focus on ensuring delivery of the highest quality logs while meeting budget requirements.
- Participate in the development of annual budgets and rolling monthly outlook projections to achieve cost targets.
- Ensure that contractors comply with applicable internal and external Occupation health and safety requirements, including SAFE companies certification, and that harvesting contractors comply with all applicable Forest legislation, Canfor’s Certification processes and the Forest Management System.
- Ensuring that all activities are conducted in compliance with Canfor’s Mission Statement, Environmental Policy, Forestry Principles and Environmental Management System
- Demonstrate innovation by implementing efficiencies and cost savings through the Canfor Performance management processes and Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Minimum of 3 years forestry experience
- University Degree or Technical Diploma
- Excellent leadership, communication and project management skills, with an ability to work within a team environment
- Excellent knowledge of applicable BC legislation and policies
- Excellent computer skills and related software knowledge including forestry applications
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today.
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees.Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!Fort St. John, BC
One of the most popular outdoor attraction places in BC! The area has many lakes and rivers that provide excellent fishing, boating, and watersports. In addition, the region’s numerous Provincial Parks offer hiking, biking, and walking trails to suit any skill level.
For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/fort-st-john