Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations to turn messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 8 nests around the globe, you will have 800+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Hootsuite Cultural Manifesto
Guru Career Track
B Corporation Certification Who You Are...
You are a seasoned systems operator with an affinity for creating and maintaining rock solid infrastructure. Whether it’s databases, caches, frontend servers, deployment pipelines, backup systems, or whatever the request, the stuff you build "just works". You are a creative thinker capable of troubleshooting any problem. You have a passion for automation, streamlining process and hate wasting time on repetitive tasks. Your operations skills are matched by your abilities to write necessary code to maintain systems.
You have worked in highly available cloud or data center environments. You have competencies generally associated with a degree in computer science, computer information systems or a related technical diploma. You design and build systems using configuration management tooling to effectively manage the deployment of infrastructure. You will work with the team to build monitoring & metrics systems and diagnose low level performance issues. You will participate in software development process by optimizing low level code, developing, capacity testing systems and designing / maintaining development environments including build and deploy tooling and tools related to infrastructure as code. You’re Great At...
- Linux administration and scripting skills (Python, Go, Bash)
- Extensive experience with a configuration management tool (Puppet, Saltstack, Ansible)
- Experience and solid understanding of managing virtualized environments (AWS, vSphere, Google Cloud)
- Management of relational and/or non-relational (NOSQL) databases
- Designing and deploying systems, caches and databases to production environments
- Experience with system monitoring tools (ELK, Sensu, Graphite)
- Managing software deployment systems - source control, continuous integration, unit/acceptance/functional testing frameworks
- Working in high scalability environments
- Passion for researching operations best practices and work to integrate them into our environment
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with Devops practices and culture
- Experience handling on call duties for highly available environments
- You have this taped to your desk: https://xkcd.com/705/
#LI - ER1