Closing Date: October 30, 2021
The Senior Network Specialist will provide network security oversight and implement, tune, optimize and secure data, VoIP, and video networks. This work includes expert-level configuration of the hardware, software and security devices to ensure high availability, sufficient capacity, and high performance for the forecasted business demand. The Senior Network Specialist leads all aspects of tier 2 support (critical incident response or system/site outage) and project planning and delivery to ensure business requirements are met and respective services are highly available and secure. Working under the guidance of architects and peers, the Senior Network Specialist is encouraged to participate in new network, voice or video technology assessments and recommendations. We are seeking senior network security specialists who have implemented, configured and maintained the following systems and technologies:
- Network security (IDS/IPS, Palo Alto firewalls, NAC, Cisco ISE, VPN)
- Cisco Nexus and Catalyst routers and switches
- QoS; BGP, OSPF routing protocols
- Wireless networking
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Provide reactive tier 2 support for complex network and security incidents
- Fulfill sophisticated network or security requests within the promised timeframes
- Mentor network analysts on complex issue resolution or advanced request fulfillment
- Research, recommend and order new circuits or equipment from our preferred vendors
- Design and implement production network, voice, video and security failover strategies
- Create and review RFI and RFP for new communication technologies
- Review, recommend and implement changes to security configurations including IPS/IDS/NGFW (Palo Alto) rules
- Travel to and work in remote locations nationally or internationally (including the US)
- Thoroughly stress test new technology in a lab setting, document configuration, lead all aspects of the release to production, and ensure supportable outcomes
- Clearly communicate and defend required changes to the Change Advisory Board (CAB) and IS teams
- Assess and advocate for standardization where feasible
- Provide leadership and mentorship in the advanced configuration of network technologies, including:
- Next generation firewall (Palo Alto) configuration, troubleshooting, decryption, URL filtering, IPS
- Cisco routers, switches and SD-WAN (including QoS, dynamic routing, etc)
- Network access, authorization and accounting (Cisco ISE, ForeScout, ClearPass)
- Next generation load balancing configuration (HSRP, F5, etc)
- Cisco Nexus and core switching; spine-leaf, ACI, DCNM support data center-class devices and components
- IP addressing and virtual network segregation
- Remote access solutions including SSL and IPSEC VPN.
- Network management tools (Cisco DNA, Prime, SolarWinds, etc)
- Wireless network technologies (WAP, WLC,) and integration with 3rd party PKI
- Microwave radio technologies (back haul, 4/5G, etc)
- WAN Optimization devices (SDWAN, Riverbed, Silver Peak etc.)
- Packet broker and TAP (Gigamon, IXIA)
- Lead and guide the advanced configuration of video conferencing systems
- Participate in defining strategic direction and technical design.
- Provide 24x7 support on an ad-hoc / as-needed basis
- University Degree in Computing Sciences or Technology
- CCIE (recommended); minimum of CCNP or equivalent
- VMware Certifications (recommended)
- NGFW or security certifications such as: CCNP Security, PCCSE, PCSAE, PCNSA, PCNSE, FSCA, CISSP
- Health, Safety and Reclamation Code (HSRC) certified (recommended)
- 7+ years supporting IS Infrastructure in a corporate matrix environment
- 4+ years of network security including 2+ years with Palo Alto firewalls
- 3+ years with Cisco Network Access Control (NAC)
- 5+ years with VPN and wireless authentication protocols
- Great teammate: builds positive relationships with peers and works well in virtual teams
- Strong leadership skills
- Mastery-level understanding of IP networking
- Solid understanding of VoIP and/or video (teleconferencing) including: Exchange, Teams or Skype for Business
- Intermediate-level proficiency of industry standard storage, server domain and microwave radio communication standards and how they integrate with the network architecture.
- Expert technical, analytic and troubleshooting abilities; able to handle high severity incidents under acute time pressures
- Strong ability to communicate optimally with technical teams of varying disciplines and business users up-to a senior executive / C level
- Self-motivated; strives to get the job done right without supervision or continuous reminders
- Spanish language skills considered an asset
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against infection by COVID-19. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a personal characteristic protected under applicable human rights legislation may request to be exempt from this requirement. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
#LI-POSTED Job Segment:
Network, Cisco, Telecom, Telecommunications, Social Media, Technology, Marketing