Closing Date: January 23, 2023
Reporting to the Manager, Mine Engineering, the Senior Mine Engineer is primarily responsible for delivering mine plans for project studies.
To be successful, we are looking for someone with strong verbal and written communication and excellent interpersonal and problem-solving abilities; a team-oriented individual with a strong focus on safety, personal responsibility, and a highly self-motivated individual. In addition, maintaining a positive and flexible attitude while working independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment is vital in this role.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a very hard-working and inclusive team based in our Vancouver office, with significant opportunities for growth both within the team and in other areas across the business. Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures.
- Facilitate a wide range of mine planning and design activities on project studies and technical due diligences, including:
- Open pit limit optimizations,
- Detailed open pit mine designs,
- Strategic options and tradeoff analyses,
- Develop practical mining schedules,
- Equipment selection recommendations and fleet estimations.
- Operating and capital cost estimations, and
- Technical report writing.
- Evaluate new and emerging technologies and software.
- Influence decision-making by communicating detailed data analysis and sound mining practices.
- Perform economic evaluations, productivity analyses, and peer reviews.
- Provide technical coaching and mentorship to less experienced staff.
- A Degree in Mine Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum seven years of relevant mine planning experience in the open pit, truck, and shovel operations. Experience in operations will be an asset.
- Registered, or eligible to register, with Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (EGBC); Teck will support eligible employees with their EGBC registration.
- Strong hands-on digital proficiency, including experience with one or more specialized mine planning systems such as Vulcan, Whittle, RPM OPMS, Comet, and/or Deswik.
- Experience with underground mine planning will be considered an asset.
- Excellent command of the English language is required. The ability to work and communicate in Spanish will be an asset.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2020, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eleventh straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 percent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.
#LI-FR1 Job Segment:
Coal Mining, Sustainability, Data Analyst, Engineer, Mining, Energy, Data, Engineering
Construction, Mining and Trades