is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable Vancouver
WSP is currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Project Manager, Healthcare to join our Mechanical & Electrical Department , located at our Vancouver office. Reporting to the Director, Mechanical this position will be responsible for developing mechanical building systems from schematic design stage through to completion of construction for variety of projects, with focus on healthcare projects. .RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides senior technical leadership, mentoring and supervision to the Mechanical Team members
• Responsible for taking design projects from start to finish and applying a high level of technical, professional engineering and consulting expertise
• Complete familiarization with National, Provincial and Municipal Codes and Standards. Ensures the design documents meet established project criteria and applicable standards. Coordinates the preparation of engineering specifications and drawings, quantities and opinions of probable cost
• Responsible for researching and implementing new technology designs as required to meet client's objectives.
• Utilizes industry specific software and related technologies in design and analysis
• Participates in business development and proposal preparation activities
• Responsible for financial management of projects
• Report to the Director of Buildings, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
•Other duties as assigned/required. QUALIFICATIONS
• University degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
• Membership or eligibility for membership, in the Engineers and Geoscientists of the Province of British Columbia (EGBC)
• LEED Accreditation and sustainable design experience are highly desirable qualifications
• 15+ years mechanical engineering and design experience on major healthcare projects
• Recent experience on major complex building projects - experience with large-scale projects a distinct advantage
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Understanding of REVIT is a definite advantage.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
Construction, Mining and Trades