Fraser Health Authority is growing - the kind of growth you want to be a part of. With over 25,000 employees, 2,500 physicians and 6,500 volunteers providing a wide range of integrated health care services to over 1.8 million people living in Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley, Fraser Health is the largest and fastest growing Health Authority in Canada. We want you to join us in our growth as you maximize, improve and expand your skills.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC's first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We are a diverse team composed of dedicated professionals who thrive in a collaborative culture. We support learning, community and client service, communication and success.
Fraser Health's Facilities management team continues to evolve its stewardship mandate and expand its asset risk and quality management strategies with integrated professional and operations teams looking for innovative ways to optimize the built environment in order to provide safe, reliable and resilient assets in support Fraser Health's clinical mission. Mechanical systems risk and quality standards, operations and optimization in a pandemic environment are a key component of this stewardship mandate.
We have an exciting new opportunity as a Senior Mechanical Engineer within our Facilities Management team at Fraser Health. This is your chance to make a difference as both a design and field engineer by leading the development, quality integrity and optimization of building and infrastructure mechanical systems, equipment and components. In this role, one of your major focuses will be the indoor air quality and HVAC system performance based on infection prevention and optimizing current and new systems and controls technologies in order to ensure best practice and risk mitigation as healthcare systems are becoming more complex regarding energy efficient systems and integration across systems.
Build on your education and career experience as you:
• Develop engineering standards, specifications and guidelines for building and infrastructure mechanical and control systems, equipment and component
• Provides leadership and guidance to regional and site based teams of mechanical engineers, technologist, technicians, trades and consultants on various aspects of HVAC system design, operations and risk.
• Use knowledge and experience to enhance the integration of HVAC systems with the wider BAS and Campus Energy Recovery Systems
• Spend time with operations staff and managers in-the-field conducting site inspections, learning mechanical systems and troubleshooting, leading commissioning reviews, and looking for design and operational improvement innovations for existing and new project installations.
• May lead a regional team of technical staff and consultants.
• Develops owner project requirements and statement of requirements for capital projects with project teams, consultants and Facilities Maintenance Operations teams.
• Consults on HVAC system and equipment design for a wide range of projects, and work with other engineers, project managers, and construction professionals as needed to create and/or modify design parameters.
• Develops and oversees all aspects of HVAC system design and performance including computer modeling, selection of designs and equipment, fabrication, testing, and implementation of equipment and systems.
• Leads life cycle mechanical asset planning, strategies and decisions as per the ISO55000 framework in collaboration with the Asset Management team and Risk Management program.
Are you motivated to join our team? We will be looking for you to have the following:
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
• Ten (10) years' recent, related experience in indoor air quality and HVAC engineering concepts.
• Registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with Engineers & Geoscientists British Columbia.
• The equivalent in education and experience may be considered.
This is a regular full time opportunity based out of our Central City offices located in Surrey BC.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, here are more reasons why you should apply:
• A career with Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to be a part of a dedicated team of experts in a dynamic and rewarding health care environment.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Apply today so we can continue the conversation and make a difference in the communities we serve. We value diversity in the work force and aim to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.