Senior Mechanical Designer: Harvey 1926
The Senior Mechanical Designer is responsible for conceptual and detailed mechanical design of mechanical systems and components, including but not limited to electro-mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, pressure vessels, etc. using Inventor and AutoCAD. The designs are to meet safety, functionality & manufacturability requirements
1. Develop accurate and detailed documentation including but not limited detailed design & fabrication drawings, bills of materials, material specifications, technical data, equipment/product data sheets, assembly instructions, installation instructions, operation & maintenance manuals, illustrations and presentations to enable the correct manufacture / assembly / installation / testing of equipment by others.
2. Act as a designate for the Lead Project Engineer. This includes not only design & checking but also approval as outlined in points 3 through 5 below.
3. Approve/check/produce engineering drawings, Bills of Materials & Process Specifications (Material Spec.’s, Assembly Instructions, Test Procedures, etc.) meeting the standards established by the company and required by customers for products.
4. Approve / process ICN’s (Internal Change Notice).
5. Approve NCR’s requiring technical input.
6. Maintain complete and accurate project records, including design calculations, design reviews, computer files, drawing files, correspondence, NCR / ICN’s, etc.
7. Provide time estimates for scheduling & bidding purposes. Recommends resources required to accomplish assigned responsibilities and duties.
8. Provide technical guidance and assistance in support of activities involved in the sourcing, procurement, fabrication, installation, commissioning and operation of "standard" equipment through design reviews and drawing signoff.
9. Recommend, identify and source components to be used in designs, including consideration of Quality Assurance requirements.
10. Apply QA requirements and process specifications as required to the configuration baseline.
11. Meet project requirements and budget through the use of the ISO 9001 registered Design Control process. Fundamental to this is clear communication with Project Management, Production, Quality Assurance and vendors, as directed by the Lead Project Engineer.
12. Assist in training of new staff in execution and completion of engineering tasks for projects and integration of design documents into the overall engineering documentation system as directed by Engineering Management.
13. Liaise with other departments to include sales, manufacturing, materials & purchasing.Assists in other related tasks and projects as assigned.
This is a fulltime position.
Salary is open depending on experience.
Connect with employer:
About MountainCrest Personnel Inc.
MountainCrest Personnel Inc. is a contract placement agency that specializes in engineering and manufacturing for contract, contract to full-time or full time placements.