Leading a team of 3 and reporting into the CEO. Undertaking a significant project involving a shift from entirely B2B to both B2B and B2C/D2C (ecommerce). Experience within CPG sector highly preferred. Diverse role spanning all areas of marketing strategy, marketing project management, and brand management. This company’s brand and products are loved by many across Canada and the US!
What- the Role:
Swim Recruiting is seeking a Marketing Manager (possibly more senior) for a newly created position with a reputable, well-established (30+ years!), and entrepreneurial CPG manufacturing company based in Vancouver. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer & Founder and serving as an integral member of the leadership team, the Marketing Manager will be responsible for managing the overall marketing strategy and executive for the organization, including a significant project establishing D2C ecommerce.
Who- the Candidate:
A big picture yet hands-on marketing professional with experience leading in a fast-paced environment, you will be comfortable working in an entrepreneurial company and will be able to jump into work and handle a variety of tasks while partnering and supporting individuals at all levels of the organization. You run a tight marketing operation that is efficient and effective. The individual in this position will work collaboratively with the Senior Team to identify opportunities to grow the organization through marketing campaigns, an improved ecommerce website, and building new efficiencies in marketing processes while ensuring brand management remains as strong as ever.
Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Excellent leadership and change management skills, including recent and relevant experience leading a small team of direct reports.
- 10+ years’ progressive marketing experience including several years in the CPG sector- ideally with exposure to both B2B and B2C/D2C.
- Relevant post-secondary education and degree (MBA, Strategic Marketing, etc.)
- Experience as marketing leader during a significant business change- leading a significant transition in business model from solely B2B to both B2B and B2C is highly desirable!
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Suite, Google Analytics, etc. as well as excellent web skills.
- Experience working with mid-size private companies.
- Good understanding of costing, margins, budgeting, and cash flow.
- Excellent prioritization, time management, and organizational skills.
- A PASSION for the brand and products is crucial- Swim Recruiting will happily share more!
What- the Responsibilities:
- Inspire, coach, mentor, and develop a team of three (3) in marketing department.
- Develop and maintain budget for all marketing plans, campaigns, and initiatives
- Foster relationships with consumers across the company’s digital ecosystem (B2B and B2C)
- Develop, articulate, and execute forward-looking marketing strategy for the business that is focused on growth and measurable results for the brand.
- Track, monitor, analyze, and measure the effectiveness of various marketing initiatives to develop insights and make business recommendations.
- Analyze customer research, current market conditions, and competitive intelligence, and determine the story behind the trends and numbers.
- Build and ensure clear communication of the company’s branding strategy and desired image to assure consistency and to continue to establish the brand as one of the most respected in their niche industry.
- Identify opportunities for brand management by monitoring engagement and insights gained from social listening tools and analytics.
Headquartered in Vancouver and a manageable driving commute from Richmond, Burnaby, New Westminster, Surrey, etc. This company has an open-concept and casual office space that promotes free-flowing communication. Employees are encouraged to bring their dogs to work! NOTE: During Covid-19 self-isolation, our client plans on interviewing, hiring, onboarding, and training remotely.
Competitive base salary commensurate with marketing leadership experience and skills. Please discuss further with Swim Recruiting.
When & How to Apply:
If you are qualified for, and interested in, this great marketing leadership opportunity with a beloved Vancouver brand, please let Swim Recruiting know as soon as possible as this search is moving quickly! If you already have a Recruiter at Swim, please reach out directly. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit 'APPLY NOW' and send us your resume
Sales and Marketing